•Fifty Two•

Its been a couple of days and everything has been going according to plan. I started physical therapy and have been owning it cause frankly I'm ready to get the fuck asap after this shit. But all jokes asside it's been cool, no more arguing, or weird vibes, except Malcolm. He still hasn't fully come around to me and King, we're just chalking it up to giving him time to process everything.

Today they were going back to Sterling to possibly assess the damage Sko did while they've been gone. From what I've heard so far, Sterling went from being our turf to neutral ground which isn't bad but it's not good either. Malcolm keeps telling me as soon as it stops being neutral we can come back but it just seems like everything is taking thirty years.

I haven't told Yazmeen, Jazlyn, and Dejonae which hospital I'm at. As far as I know the only friend I can really trust is Iaja. I've been too trusting in the past and look at where that got me. In the damn hospital over niggas who just couldn't keep that opp shit on they side of the fence. But today Iaja was coming to visit so we could catch up and talk about everything that's been going on since I left.

I finally built the courage to get out the bed after watching Tik Tok for an hour. I took a shower and brushed my hair into a ponytail then I got dressed.

After I was fully dressed I went back into my room and texted Iaja that she could come over

After I was fully dressed I went back into my room and texted Iaja that she could come over. I wanted to tell Alec to come too but I still don't know if he's trustworthy. After the Reggie situation I don't know who I can and can't trust.

"Suprise check in, oh?! Look at you standing up and walking and not hunched over!" Ava came in.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah physical therapy is working I guess." I rolled my eyes.

"Well you keep walking around like that and you could go home by the end of this week." She smiled as she begin checking my vitals.

"Ms. Ava don't lie to me now! Cause I'll sprint round this joint twice if that mean I can go home this week!" I exclaimed.

She began to laugh.

"Girl you are too funny. I'll talk it over with the doctor and see if she agrees but other than that you've made a good lil recovery." She reassured me.

"Yes! I'm going homeeee! I'm going homeeee!" I cheered dancing around.

She left the room laughing to herself.

*

After about an hour someone knocked on my door and I knew it was Iaja.

"Suprise shawtayyyy!" She greeted me pulling me into a big hug.

"Hey boo! How have you been?!" I grinned hugging her back.

"I have been ok. Me and RJ decided to call it quits for good this time." She nodded a osmber look on her face.

"Awwww Iaja I'm sorry to hear that. I know y'all two been stuck like glue since high school." I put a hand on her shoulder.

"Girl fuck him! He can go straight to hell! Talking bout he don't think he has time for a relationship considering he has football and everything else. But the bitch don't go to class and he be missing practice so I'm like if you wanna fuck around just say you wanna fuck around don't be a bitch about it!" She ranted.

"Damn I ain't never seen you this mad about him. So what now? New single Iaja?" I smirked.

"Heavy on the new single Iaja! But enough about me how's it going? They tell you when you getting outta here yet?"

"Yeah they said if I keep making progress I could leave by the end of this week. But mwhat's been going on in Sterling how bad is it?"

Iaja's face told me everything I needed to know. It was bad.

"That bad?!" I exclaimed.

"Kai, it ain't even safe in Sterling for anyone anymore. Sko is pushing dope out The Rink now. He got Sterling PD in his pocket. It's like he completely pushed Junior out his turf. And then there's still the Reggie situation." She reported.

"Reggie situation?" I frowned.

"Everyone knows you ordered the hit on Reggie. Now they're saying your part of the whole Sko and Junior fiasco and how you did all this shit. I got mufuckas coming up to me asking bout you. But the craziest part was when yo homegirls seen me around Sterling and she asked me about you."

"Who?" I scrunched up my nose.

Iaja pulled out her phone and was scrolling on IG for a little bit and then showed me the picture.

It was Jazlyn, Yazmeen, and Dejonae.

"They asked about me?" I took the phone from her and kept scrolling on Jazlyn's page.

"Yes. But it wasn't the typical is she alright typa questions. It was more so to see if I would tell them where you were." She responded.

"Wait cause I get that vibe from them too! You think they opps?"

"Don't trust anybody, Kai. The block is hot and I need you to stay safe no matter what. Literally even though me and Alec are cool I don't even know his real intentions. He says he wants to go back to the way it was but everything is already too fucked up. There is no possible way him, Syrus, and Keem didn't know what Reggie was planning. And if they didn't then why the fuck was it so easy for them to go back being his friend when they knew he was yo opp." Iaja snapped.

As Iaja was talking I came across a picture on Jazlyn's page which made me scream.

"Girl what the hell you see! You never go to the gallery on somebody else phone you gon always fuck around and see a lil sumn sumn!" She chuckled picking up her phone.

She looked at the picture and her eyes went wide.

In the picture it was Jazlyn, Yazmeen, Dejonae, and Sko. The caption to the picture was:

Happy Birthday cuzzo! Always had my back no matter the circumstance!

"Bitch Jazlyn and Sko are cousins?!" I shrieked.

"Hoe they blood cousins at that!" Iaja kept scrolling on her page.

I felt like I could almost faint but then an idea popped in my head.

"Jazlyn is our ticket to getting Sterling back." I smirked.

"Ohhh I like that look on yo face. Call Junior ASAP!" Iaja demanded.

I'm finna get my respect back in blood.