Chapter Twenty Five

It had been a month since William had left and it had taken me two weeks to get him to stop sulking and go back to living his life. He wasn't back to a hundred percent normalcy but it was better than him staying in bed all day staring at pictures of me. Harry had described it as cute but still borderline creepy.

William and I had been talking a lot more often than we used to and even though it was risky for me I didn't have it in me to tell him no. He had just given me the best week of my life before leaving and going back to how things were was impossible. I might have promised to find a way for us to be together when I turned eighteen but that was so far away.

William was joining college soon and I was in my last term of school getting ready for my final exams. I knew I would ace them and I prayed that would at least soften my aunt's heart so that she could allow me to join college. I wanted to continue with my education and make something of myself even if I could not be with William. If all my aunt needed was money I could gladly give her half my salary when I got employed if she gave me a chance to get a higher education. I still had that money that William gave me and it was not going to be enough to cover my university education. If I was to continue studying, I needed a miracle and a big one.

"Are you done baking those cupcakes yet?"My aunt asked distracting me from my thoughts.

I looked up at her covered in flour and eggs wondering whether to reply or not because she could very well see that I was not done. When she noticed that I was not going to reply she continued talking as always.

"Make sure to use the pink frosting and leave them out to harden. Don't forget to lock the door after you're done. There was a theft nearby and if anything gets stolen you're replacing it. I don't care if you have to sell a body part."She instructed and threatened me in the same statement.

Without waiting for a reply she struts out of the diner leaving me alone. I didn't like working for her but I could tolerate it without her breathing down my neck. I continued making the frosting from scratch ever since my aunt realized its cheaper to make it than buy it she always made me prepare it. It wasn't all that bad so I made sure to do a good job and decorate all the cupcakes.

My aunt really took advantage of me but I had realized that so many people had it worse than me so I learnt to take it. She benefited from our relationship more than I did but that was my pathetic life. After I was done with the cupcakes I made sure to lock the doors. Some part of me wanted to leave them wide open and see what would happen. My aunt would definitely kill me and even though that thought wasn't so bad some time ago, I had William to live for so I obeyed her.

For my late night supper, I warmed a plate of rice and chicken that I had our aside and dug in as I called William as was our routine. He took more than normal to receive my call and he picked up last minute when I was about to give up. His handsome face filled the screen and it had a pink tint to it and he looked almost flushed. He was also breathing a little heavy like he had been running or working out.

I'm sorry Angel, just getting some last minute packing done and I lost my phone among the many boxes.

It's okay. Are you excited for college?

Yeah Harry and Louis more than me but I'm looking forward to getting out there, learn stuff and start my own life.

Are you still going to share an apartment with the guys?

Unfortunately no.. We couldn't find any three bedroom apartment since we began our search too late, thanks to Louis.

So what are you going to do?

We're going to be in the same building, same floor actually but I'll stay in a one bedroom apartment while Louis and Harry will share a two bedroom.

That doesn't sound too bad.

Yeah probably considering they will be spending most of their time at my place anyway.

Cocky much.

No just being honest, I'm the only one who actually bothers with grocery shopping and my mom just bought me the ps5 so that tells you everything.

That statement made me smile and he smiled back. I loved how close the three were. It made me wish to have a friend of my own but then they wouldn't stick around after meeting my aunt so it was better to stay alone.

William lifted his arm to brush his hair away from his face and I noticed a white bandage on his arm.

What happened to your arm?

Nothing.

You're lying.

No I'm not.

Okay fine, I'll talk to you tomorrow then.

William and I had never lied to each other, at least I'd never lied to him and I hoped he returned the same courtesy. So it definitely hurt when I knew he was lying to my face. It was just a stupid bandage anyway, probably another skateboard accident so I had no idea why he was hiding it from me.

I'm sorry don't go, I'll tell you.

I didn't say a word after that and watched him frown before he propped his phone up on something. He made sure that the angle was good before he started unwrapping the gauze around his wrist. He hesitated for a moment before turning his wrist to face me and a gasp escaped my mouth when I saw what was on it. It looked raw and swollen but clear as day were inked wings with a halo at the top. I had no idea what to say so I just at him. I didn't need to be a genius to figure out what they meant.

William..

I was going to get your face tattooed on my bicep but I was afraid they wouldn't get it right so I settled for the wings.

Did they hurt?

Like a bitch.

No cussing.

Sorry.

You do know that tattoos are permanent right?

Yeah I know, next time I'm getting your name right over my heart.

That's too much William.

No it's not.

Is there a chance of me talking you out of it?

Nope!

Fine but at least tell me next time.

I will Angel.

It was sweet that William got a tattoo of the wings and to me it was sort of a stupid idea but if it made him happy then I'd get over my fear of him going through such pain just to have a reminder of me on his body.

🥬🥬🥬🥬🥬🥬🥬🥬🥬🥬🥬🥬🥬🥬

I once thought of getting a tattoo but then I realized that I was doing it for the wrong reasons. Glad I didn't do it or it would be a permanent reminder of a time in my life I'd rather forget.

Any of my awesome readers got tattoos?