Chapter Thirty One

"I'm going to miss you sweetheart."Simon sniffed as he hugged me.

We were at the airport terminal saying goodbye and we were both pretty emotional.

"You're talking as if you'll never see me again."I replied pulling away as I wiped away my tears.

He used the sleeves of his shirt to wipe away the remnant of the tears on my face and it only made me cry more. Simon was the only true family I ever had. He was the father figure in my life and he meant more to me that he realized.

"I know I'll see you again but I'm not sure how long it'll take. You and William are going to fix this and I'm sure he'll find a way to convince you to stay and you'll say yes. Just promise me one thing?"He requested.

"Anything."

"When you land and things don't work out with William, make sure to at least make use of your visitors Visa. You have enough money to last you about a month there. Have fun, explore, love your life and then call me and I'll fly you back."He instructed.

This brought up a fresh bout of tears that I swiped off quickly with my palms.

"I promise."

"Good girl. Now one last hug, they've already called for your flight. Be safe and call me when you land."

"I will. Thank you for always being there for me when no one else was. I love you Simon."I confessed saying those words to him for the first time.

He choked up a little and it took him a few seconds to compose himself enough to reply.

"Anytime and anything for you sweetheart. I love you too."

The hug lasted a few more minutes before we pulled apart and I grabbed my small backpack from the top of the suitcase and wore it on my back. I pulled up the handles of the suitcase, smiled at Simon and he smiled back.

"See you later old man. Take care of yourself."

"You're lucky you're cute. Take care too."He replied with a fond smile and with that I turned around and wheeled my suitcase away from him.

Simon was my safety blanket and it was going to be hard to be away from him for a while but I would be okay and he would be too.

Simon had insisted that I should fly in style for my first time so an hour later after I was done going through customs and all that airport gist I was seated in first class on the flight to Montana to see William. I was very nervous, my palms were sweating but I was excited and looking forward to what awaited me at the end of the flight.

The fasten your seatbelts light came on as one of the air hostesses was explaining the safety drills. I listened carefully as I got comfortable in my seat looking forward to the first flight of my life. Half an hour later we were airborne and there was no going back. Whatever would happen with William I would still make sure that it was the best trip ever.

********

Nineteen hours later we landed in Billings Logan International Airport in Montana. I knew that it would be cold since it was winter for them but I had definitely underestimated how cold it could get. Everything was covered in snow making it look like the inside of a freezer and it was just as cold. I got off the plane and followed the directions to collect my suitcase at the conveyor belt. My eyes were darting everywhere and I knew that I stuck out like a sore thumb but I honestly didn't care. It was my first time in another country and I was going to enjoy every minute of it even if it made me look odd.

I found my suitcase and as I was walking towards the exit my nerves got to me. My feet refused to take a step forward so I found somewhere to sit on a bench next to a kind looking old lady. I had been okay two minutes ago but now my hands were shaking, my heart was pounding in my chest and I felt like I was about to start crying.