Chapter Thirty Two

WILLIAM'S POV

I had never been big on holidays since we never really celebrated them at home. My parents were gone a lot when I was younger so I spent my holidays at Louis' or Harry's house. When my mom stopped being an air hostess to be an etiquette teacher, she tried to start the holiday tradition but it sucked that it was just the both of us so after one trial we never did it again.

I loved my parents and they loved me back so I held no resentment towards them for being such workaholics but sometimes I wished we could just be a normal family. That wish floated in my mind every year especially during the holidays but for the first time I was glad we weren't normal.

After my break up with my Angel all I had wanted to be was to be left alone to wallow in my own pain. That was difficult especially in college so I'd powered through until the end of the semester. When I was finally back home, alone and away from the distraction that was university I'd broken down.

Everyone knew I had been dating Malaika even my parents but only my two friends and Harry's girlfriend Natalia knew why we broke up. It was all a misunderstanding that cost me the love of my life. I had tried to win her back but she hadn't been online since the day we broke up and no matter how much I wanted to fly out and see her so I could explain myself but I knew she didn't want to see me. Honestly the cheating part was bad but the weeks prior to our break had been terrible. I'd been going through a phase and even though I'd tried not to, I still found myself putting Malaika in the back seat. I had been a terrible boyfriend to her and she deserved better. The cheating, even though I didn't do it had been the final straw and she had cammed called it quits.

I wish she had let me explain but even that would have been asking too much from her. I missed her, still loved her and even though she could never be mine, I hoped that she was happy. I thought about her all the time wondering what she was doing, if she was okay, if she'd gotten even more beautiful or if she'd met someone. That last scenario was unlikely considering she lived under her aunt's tyrant rule but it was still painful to think about.

I had never fallen so hard and effortlessly for someone. I knew that it would be hard but my heart would heal with time and I would move on but Malaika would always be my first and only true love. No one could hold a candle to her.

When we'd first started talking, it had been just for fun. It was thrilling talking to someone from another country. Sure I had fans from all over the world but very few in Africa and none were genuine. Malaika had been a breath of fresh air and even though our relationship had been off to a rocky start we'd found our footing and I'd found myself caring for her and ended up falling in love. Seeing her for the first time had blown me away and it had been even more powerful seeing her in person. When my parents had asked me what I wanted for a graduation present she had immediately come to mind and I knew that I had to see her. We'd spent one amazing week together and it had been the cement that I needed to realize that Malaika had been it for me. I was ready to wait for her or go to any lengths even moving to Kenya after university just to be with her. Too bad I had to fuck up and loose her. My friends loved her and my parents would have loved her too. Speaking of parents.

"Thinking about that Angel of yours again are we?"My mom teased and I looked up at her from my phone.

I was scrolling through the pictures of her on my phone and even though it had been more than two months since we broke up, I didn't have it in me to delete any of them. God I missed her.

"I can't help it."I admitted laying my phone upside down on the counter top.

My mom was baking cookies and she had insisted that I be in the kitchen with her saying I had been couped up in my room a lot.