Chapter XXIII

Here it is: The next chapter. 

Enjoy reading it. :) 

Chapter XXIII

She practically flung herself at his feet as an anguish no words could have been able to describe, crushed her heart with its iron grip.

"Please, d-don't do this.", she hiccuped through violent sobs.

"I'll stay here, just d-don't leave me."

Love is a wonderful emotion. It makes your soul soar, it has the power to make you happy, it makes you feel alive.

And yet, love can be poison. It sickens you if it stays unrequited. Your heart experiences a pain so excruciating that you'll feel like slowly dying.

And it makes you blind. Oh, so blind.

Had Lynn not been blinded by love, she would have given Jeremiah a piece of her mind. For treating her this way, for being cruel and heartless.

But the poison that bore the name love had taken its toll and in the process it had reduced the poor woman whose heart it had contaminated to a sobbing, submissive mess at the mercy of an insane, corrupted villain whose love and desire for her was just as toxic as her feelings for him. Having already lost someone she knew she couldn't endure losing him, too. And that sealed her fate...

The villain took a shaky breath, before he bent down to help his broken toy up. It looked at him with whiskey- brown eyes that swam in tears, its face the epitome of the word sorrow. To him his toy had never looked more beautiful...

The villain captured her lips in a bruising kiss, savouring the pain that seemed to seep out of every pore, like blood gushing from a fresh, deep stab.

"Look at what you made us do with your stubbornness, love.", he chastised her with his soft, slightly raspy voice.

"I'm sorry, Jeremiah. I'm so sorry. Please, just don't throw away what we-", her voice broke as another sob shook her body.

The villain sighed as he rubbed her back with soothing strokes.

"I'm not a cruel man and since I do love you with all my heart, I'm willing to give you another chance, love.", he said quietly.

"I'll do whatever you want!"

He kissed her again, even more demanding than before.

His toy got lost in his embrace, in his kiss, and he could feel her become putty in his hands...

*

She should have reflected on her decision. She should have tried to ascertain what it entailed that he'd given her a second chance for it had come to hand what she had feared in the first place: She'd become his prisoner.

Alas, Lynn didn't draw this conclusion as she was still too scared he could reconsider the matter. Besides, her heart still ached from nearly having lost him. This maelstrom of emotions didn't let her think logically, and so all Lynn did was lying in his bed, craving his strong embrace that reassured her that he still wanted, still loved her. That he'd really just acted like this because he'd been afraid of Jeromes' followers and not because he'd fallen out of love with her.

They made love that night, but albeit Lynn tried to ignore it, it didn't feel like their first time. It lacked the passion, the emotion that had been present back then. And it was her fault all alone...