Chapter XXVII

There you go. Chapter XXVII

Enjoy it. :)

Chapter XXVII

Jeremiah Valeska hadn't dreamt of ever getting married up until he'd fallen in love with his only childhood friend.

From the moment he'd accepted his feelings as what they were he'd wanted Lynn Parker to be his.

How annoying, though, that at first he'd had to get rid of some very obnoxious obstacles in his way. Fortunately, once her pesky little ex-fiancé had met his death at the hands of his loyal proxy, the door to Lynn Parker's heart had stood wide open.

After she'd finally reciprocated his feelings, making her his wife had been high on his agenda. Which was exactly why he currently felt like he was going to be sick every second. He'd never been so nervous in his entire life. What if she was having second thoughts right now? What if she decided to leave him at the altar? What if fate pipped him to the post by denying him to make the love of his life his for eternity?

He wasn't in control of the situation anymore and the consequent feelings of being powerless and caught in anxiety were the only things able to drive him into a frenzy. He always had to be in control. Always.

A few moments later he found himself standing in front of the bathroom mirror, a toothbrush in his hand to get rid of the acidic taste of vomit.

He looked so pale that even the white tiles behind him seemed to hold more colour than his cheeks.

Breathing heavily he closed his eyes and focused on settling his stomach that was still churning. He could only hope that his current condition was history once the wedding ceremony rolled around.

Jeremiah threw a glance at his wristwatch. Two hours left.

It felt like mere seconds. He spun on his heels, retching again.

*

"One at a time. To the bride: Lynn Maria Parker, will you have this man to be your husband; to live together with him in the covenant of marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, be faithful unto him as long as you both shall live?", the priest's sonorous voice rang out in the Wilde's small family church.

"I will." The words left her mouth without hesitation.

With eyes full of love she watched as Jeremiah let out a relieved sigh. Had he truly thought that she would have a change of heart during the ceremony? Poor darling... She had never been more sure of doing the right thing.

With a rapidly beating heart, she heard the priest address the wedding congregation, that consisted of her mother and father, Jeremiahs' foster parents, as well as Ecco and Carol who served as witnesses to the marriage.

It was a far cry from the ceremony she'd dreamt of as a child, but right now she couldn't have wished for more.

She was content and if no one objected to their union she would be over the moon.

"To the congregation: Will all of you witnessing these promises do all in your power to uphold these two persons in their marriage?"

"We will."

Lynn drew a shaky breath. She knew her parents were still unconvinced of her choice, but hearing their voices giving their consent helped to lift the burden she'd felt on her shoulders ever since she'd told her parents of her decision.