Chapter XXVIII

No Jeremiah in this chapter. He'll come back later on.

Instead I talked the other ginger brat into playing along with the plot.

Enjoy chapter XXVIII.

Chapter XXVIII

It hadn't gone according to plan. This time Jimbo had bested him. The damn goody two-shoes cop had succeeded in sending him back to Arkham Asylum. What was it people always said? Two are better than one? Well, he would make sure that his second involuntary stay at the loony bin would result in his being more powerful than ever before.

And then he would pay broski a long overdue visit.

He wondered if Jeremiah remembered all the lies he'd told their mother as vividly as he himself did. Did little broski still remember how often that whore had nearly beaten him to a pulp while he'd just watched on, his face a mask of sympathy and fear that never fully managed to divert an attentive observer from the happy gleam in his eyes?

Oh, he hoped he remembered... He practically longed  to reminisce with his brother about their childhood. The good old times.

"Oy, Valeska!"

Jerome raised his head to look at one of the guards he was currently in the process of softening up so that the man would soon be at his beck and call.

"You've got a visitor."

Jerome furrowed his brows. Though his cult knew that he was back at Arkham, they didn't visit him since they weren't exactly fired up for getting admitted to the asylum the moment they stepped inside the depressing building.

He couldn't blame them. If he'd been one of his cultists, he wouldn't have come to see him either. After all, worshipping a god was much safer when done from a distance.

That fact, however, left the question regarding the identity of his visitor still disappointingly unanswered.

Jerome got up and pinched the bridge of his nose in a manner of thoughtfulness.

He followed the bulky guard out of the recreation room and to the visitor booths where, just like in most state prisons, the inmates could communicate via phone with their friends or relatives.

He sat on the chair inside the booth assigned to him and stared through the plexiglass screen that separated him from the unfamiliar young, blonde woman who'd come to see him.

"Hello, dollface.", he grinned.

The woman pursed her lips.

"Not into pet names, barbie?", he asked.

"Not really, no."

"Whatever... I either don't know who you are, or I can't remember. Quick question: Did we shag by any chance?"

His counterpart let out an annoyed sigh.

Jerome inclined his head.

"Guess not. Pity, ginger never seems to be their type... So, barbie, what brings you here?"

The woman threw a quick glance at the guards to assure herself that they were still busy talking to each other about their annoying wives before she leaned over.

"Intel about someone you want."

Jerome raised his brows. That sounded interesting...

"Pray tell, barbie!"