Grief

I almost always go to the Curtis house after dinner. However, I went straight home from the Dingo. Me and Johnny had just broken up. He just didn't want to be with me. I acted like it didn't bother me, but it did. By the time I got to my house, I was sobbing my eyes out. My mascara had stained my cheeks, and my face was wet with tears. It was getting hard to see, the tears made the world look blurry. I burst open the door of my house, and walked past my dad who was drinking at the table. My dad didn't say anything to me, even if he did I wouldn't listen. I ran to my room and slammed the door. I slumped down on my bed and cried for hours.

I guess at some point I had fallen asleep, because a knock at the door woke me up. "(y/n)?" It was Ponyboy.

"Go away, Ponyboy," I said, trying to keep my voice steady. There was already a tear streaming down my cheek, and I hadn't been awake for 30 seconds yet.

"Open the door. I need to talk to you," Ponyboy demanded, a little harshly. Ponyboy was never mean. He never yelled, his voice was always soft. I knew he was serious when he used a harsh tone with me. I dragged myself out of bed and unlocked the door.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"Uh, well I need to talk to you, about a lot of stuff. Can I come in?" Ponyboy asked, leaning on my doorframe.

"I guess," I said, locking the door behind him. He sat down on a chair I had next to my bed.

"Look, I need to apologize. I am really sorry for what I said earlier. I know, it wasn't any of my business, but I was just worried that this would mess up the group or something. I'm sorry. Really, I am," Ponyboy explained.

Me and Ponyboy had been friends for years. We had been best friends, buddies. I always was friends with him, because he was nice. I had never met a nice boy before that. Then, I met Johnny and the group just expanded from there. Me and Ponyboy had never really fought before this. We always had disagreements, but never fights. Which is surprising, because I am known for saying what I want. I knew I couldn't stay mad at Pony for long.

"Okay," I said, "I forgive you." I wiped a tear off my cheek.

"Thank God, I don't know what I would do if we weren't friends anymore," Ponyboy said, smiling.

I smiled and sat down on my bed.

"Oh, yeah, um, your dad was passed out on the couch. There was broken glass and beer bottles all over the floor. Oh, and a broken chair," Ponyboy informed me.

"Great," I said sarcastically, "thanks."

"Does that happen a lot?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said quietly.

"Are you okay? Is that why you spend so much time at our house?" Ponyboy asked, concerned.

I nodded.

"Hey, you come stay with us whenever. Okay?" Pony told me.

"Thanks, Pony," I smiled and wiped another tear off my face.

"Okay, well, I better get outta here." Ponyboy told me.

"Alright. I'll see ya later, Pony."