Sandy

"You wanna go visit Dally before school?" I asked Johnny and Ponyboy.

"Yeah sure," Johnny said.

"Yeah, let's leave in a minute," Ponyboy answered.

We were getting ready for school in the Curtis' bathroom. Me and Ponyboy were brushing our teeth, Steve was showering, Johnny was fixing his hair, Darry was cleaning the kitchen, and Sodapop and Two-Bit were putting loads of grease in their hair.

We walked over to the hospital, which was on the way to school. We messed around in the streets, Ponyboy pushed me over a few times as a joke. Johnny helped me up, after he was done laughing.

I tried to think of how Ponyboy is feeling about this situation. I mean, his two best friends were dating each other. We still tried to include him in everything. It was mostly the same as always, except when we kissed and cuddled at night.

"Hey, what's goin' on, Dal'?" Ponyboy asked as we walked into the hospital room.

"Hey guys! Not much, what's goin' on with you?" Dally asked.

"Nothing really. Just headin' to school," Johnny said with a shrug.

"School? Man, you're still doin' that?" Dallas mumbled.

"How you feelin'?" I asked.

"Ah, I'm fine, man. I just wanna get outta here!" Dally shouted.

"We should get to school," Ponyboy said after a few minutes of us talking.

"Yeah, see ya later, Dal'," Johnny said.

"Bye, Dally!" I called.

Dally waved.

When we got out to the parking lot, we messed around a little bit. We walked over to the school together, laughing on the way.

"Bye guys," I said, walking to my class.

. . .

After school, Ponyboy, Johnny, and I walked to the Curtis' house. Darry and Sodapop were sitting on the couches in the living room talking.

"Hey guys," I said, walking in.

"Hey," Sodapop said, happily.

"What's up, Soda?" Ponyboy asked.

Darry sighed.

"Sandy wrote me a letter," Sodapop told us.

"W--what did it say?" Ponyboy asked.

"She wants me back. Said she's movin' back here and she wants to get back together," Sodapop explained.

"Dear God," Darrel whispered under his breath.

"Uh-- are you gonna get back together with her?" Ponyboy asked, slowly.

"I dunno. Maybe. I mean, I still love her," Sodapop said.

"Don't do it, Soda," Darry blurted out.

Sodapop looked shocked that Darry said anything.

"She's a cheater, and a liar. You don't deserve that. Okay? You deserve a nice girl who loves you. Remember how crushed you were before? I don't want to see you go through that again," Darry told him.

Sodapop looked down at the floor. "Yeah," he mumbled.

"I'm sorry, Soda, but he's right," Ponyboy said.

"Yeah. I know," Sodapop sighed. He got up and started walking towards the door, "I'm going to the lot."

"Okay," Darry said.

"Bye, Sodapop!" Johnny called.

"Wow," I said when he walked out.

"I know," Darry said, sighing.

We hung out around the Curtis house and eventually fell asleep.

. . .

"Hey Johnnycakes," I said, walking into the Curtis house, kissing Johnny on the cheek.

"Why don't you smile at us like that?" Steve asked.

"Because you're not my boyfriend," I said, walking into the kitchen.

"He wishes he was," Two-Bit joked, laughing.

"Shut up, Two-Bit," me and Steve said together.

I grabbed a can of Coke out of the fridge and sat down on the couch. "What are we watching?"

"Some stupid movie Two-Bit put on," Sodapop answered.

"Great," I mumbled.

"(y/n), wanna go visit Dally?" Ponyboy asked.

"Sure. Wanna come, Johnny?"

"Yeah," he answered.

We walked out of the door and to the hospital. When we walked into Dally's room, he was yelling at the nurse.

"Why can't I smoke?" Dally asked, cussing out the nurse.

"It's hospital policy," the nurse snapped.

Dallas sighed. "Just get outta here. You make my stomach sick," he yelled at the nurse, pointing towards the door. He started laughing his head off as soon as he saw us.

"Hey, Dallas," Johnny said.

"H--hey Johnnycakes," Dally said, sleepily.

"How you doin', man?" I asked.

"I'm fine. Just tired."

"Sorry, man. Did they say you're doing better?" I asked Dally.

"Yeah, I guess. Oh, hey, they found my cigarettes. Can y'all give me some more?"

"Yeah," Ponyboy tossed him a pack.

"Thanks," he pushed the pack under his pillow. "Oh, did y'all see that nurse a minute ago?"

"Yeah, why?" Johnny asked.

"She's pretty cute, isn't she?" Dallas asked.

I whipped my head around to glare at Johnny.

Johnny gulped. "Nah, not really."

I giggled.

"I was flirting with her earlier, but she really didn't like that."

Johnny rolled his eyes a little bit.

"Hey, guys, Dallas has to go," the nurse said, walking into the room. She had long, silky blond hair. She was really pretty, loads of mascara sitting on her eyelashes. She looked like she was around Dally's age, maybe a few years older.

"Oh... okay," I mumbled. She was being pretty rude, she just basically banished us.

"This your girlfriend?" The nurse asked, smirking.

Me and Dally burst out laughing. "No way," he said.

"Whatever. You still have to get out," she told us.

"Uh, okay," Ponyboy said, sighing.

"Bye, Dal'," Johnny called.

As we walked out, I saw Dallas smirking at the nurse. I could tell they liked each other. They acted like they didn't care about each other, but she was pretty obvious about it.