Two-Bit

"Hey, (y/n), my cousins are coming tonight," Sodapop informed me. We were at the drive-in, sitting in the chairs, because we snuck in. I was sitting in between Sodapop and Two-Bit. I was stealing popcorn from Two-Bit every time he looked away.

"Oh, cool," I said, shrugging, "they nice?"

"They can be, but you can't stay at our house tonight, sorry, man," Sodapop said.

"Oh, that's fine," I told him, swallowing some of Two-Bit's popcorn.

"Sorry. You can hang out for a while, but they need the couch. Unless you wanna sleep on the floor next to my cousin who sleep walks."

"Nah, man, it's cool."

Sodapop smiled and motioned for me to grab some popcorn for him. Two-Bit was laughing at Ponyboy's cigarette falling out of his mouth, and I grabbed a handful of popcorn, giving half to Soda.

"Thanks," Sodapop said.

"Hey, Two-Bit'?" I asked when he finally calmed down.

"What's up?"

"Can I spend the night at your place with ya? Soda's cousins are coming, I guess, and I can't stay there."

"Yeah, sure."

I had only spent the night at Two-Bit's house a few times. His house is just a little farther away than the Curtis' house, so I usually just crash there.

"Thanks," I exclaimed.

. . .

I was in Two' Bit's room on the chair by his bed. It was pretty late at night, and we were just talking.

"So..." Two-Bit began, laughing, "how is it with, uh, you and Johnny?"

I chuckled. "Uh... I don't know."

"Sure... you don't know," Two-Bit repeated, sarcastically.

"Well, I mean--I don't--"

"Do you like him?" He asked me.

"I--uh, well--"

"Oooh," Two-Bit sang.

"Shut up," I giggled.

"So are you guys like back together or something?" he asked.

"Uh... I don't know. I mean... we kissed--"

"You kissed!?!" Two-Bit shouted.

"...yeah," I mumbled.

"When?" He asked, frantically.

"After I saved him. We were laughing about how I beat the Socs up and we... kissed," I explained. I acted like it was no big deal, but on the inside I was freaking out.

"What? Are you back together then?" Two-Bit exclaimed.

"Uh... I don't know."

"How do you not know?" Two-Bit asked, laughing.

"I'm not sure. We haven't talked since then," I mumbled.

"You should talk to him tomorrow."

"I should," I said, laughing.

"You kissed, man!" Two-Bit said, cracking up.

"Shut up," I said, laughing.