Chapter 8

"Be safe and be sure to not open the door unless it's me, okay?"

Yuna nodded in a cute way be fore booping Felix's nose with her finger making the boy scrunch his nose. He then ruffled her hair to which she frowned at.

"You still need to check on your mom. You'll be late."

Felix nodded and hugged her one last time before backing away to check on her- frowning as he noticed that her face looked a lot stressed than the past few days.

Once her head perked up to look up at him, he smiled and kept quiet like nothing happened, not wanting to offend her.

"I'll be back to check on you by dinner, okay?"

Yuna forced a smile at Felix which went unnoticed by the boy. Her wrist kept on shaking from the pain yet she was good in hiding it for him to stop worrying about her.

Felix kissed her forehead goodbye and twisted the main door, heading outside. He planned to go on to his mom's house first before heading to the police station next.

Yuna stared at the closed door, hearing the sound of an engine start up. She took a three-day leave from work, reasoning that she was sick and her colleagues believed so to which she was relieved of.

"Stay safe." She whispered.

As the sound of the roaring engine completely faded away, Yuna's whimpers left her mouth and she immediately gripped her wrist by her free hand, harshly massaging it to ease the pain.

Yuna felt as if her wrist was being sawed. Veins throbbing inside while blood formed as if it's stone. The terrifying bold of black tattoo looked deadly to her. The name engraved on her wrist turning darker- dryer if possible.

Her breaths grew heavier and her eyes kept on rolling back yet she fought the urge to be unconscious. Not when she leaves home alone.

Her body grew weaker and her legs kept on shaking yet she don't know what to do. She didn't want to call Felix because he just went to work and knowing him, he has a lot of things to fix as a policeman.

She stayed on the couch, torturing herself for not calling any of her friends and family for help. She didn't want to bother them specially that they were far from where she lives.

Beads of sweat filled her face and neck, hands trembling as she crawled on the door, attempting to open it.

...

"Park, let's go back to the hospital. Please." Chenle begged, worried.

"That hospital is bullshit." Jisung groaned.

He has been holding onto his wrist for more than two hours, the pain not subsiding. The worried members did everything they can to convince Jisung in going back to the hospital but the stubborn boy did not listen to any one of them.

"You already took eight pills of painkillers and it still hurts?" Hyejin asked, concerned. "Let's go back, please?"

Jisung scoffed and sat on the carpeted floor, wanting to chop of his arm and lose it forever rather than to have it with him day by day just to endure the same amount of pain. His other hand massaged his wrist slowly, the sophisticated black name tattooed on it made his blood boil in annoyance.

All of them looked at him in worry specially Renjun and Chenle who couldn't sit still- staring at him as if he was a baby. Haerin and Haechan looked at each other to which he comforted her, saying that everything will be fine to which he wasn't even sure at.

Crystal tears slowly formed on Jisung's eyes which he rarely did, making their way on his cheeks, down to his chin and neck. They all saw how the veins visible on his arm bulged back and forth like a heartbeat. Hyejin stood up and quickly crouched down next to Jisung, attempting to massage his wrist out of worry.

"I-its no use." Jisung coughed.

Haechan looked at Jeno's worried state, nudging his ribs to remind him of what he's good at. Jeno furrowed his eyebrows as he gazed at his friend- clearly confused yet as he looked onto Hyejin who patted Jisung's back, he realized what Haechan meant.

"I'll hack that girl's address."

...

"F-felix." Yuna whimpered.

The girl was now sitting behind the door, knocking on it even tho she is the one inside. She couldn't stand up- can't even reach the lock to unlock the door.

She forced herself to crawl back on the couch where she left her phone-her crawls taking longer than expected as groans left her lips at every step.

As she sat on the carpeted floor near he couch, she stretched her unharmed arm and grabbed the phone beside her, aggressively pressing the numbers to call her boyfriend.

"Please pick up." She nibbled her lower lip.

"Sorry, the number you have dialed-"

Her shaking body gave up, expecting herself to die slowly from the excruciating pain. Reminiscing all the memories of her and Felix, her friends and her family, tears slowly flowed on her cheeks.

"Bye, everyone."

A lump on her throat started to choke her in which she swallowed. Her head perked up and saw the reflection of herself on the mirror in front of her- clearly terrifying to see.

Seeing her weak and poor state, she then realized what she was doing- tears stopped and she smacked her own head with her unharmed hand as she felt dumb of what she did.

"What? I-I don't want to die- what is wrong with me?" She scoffed.

Grabbing her phone again, she dialed the same number while crawling back to the main door to rest her back. The same voice of a girl was heard in the phone, indicating that the number she dialed was busy.

"Felix pleas-"

"Open the door."

...