Chapter 9

"Open the door."

A deep yet unfamiliar voice resonated on the house, heard by Yuna. The girl shivered and, quickly backed away from the locked door while she dialed Felix yet again.

Her trembling hands were typing random numbers then erasing it again to call him. The bangs on the door went loud yet weak at the same time.

She heard coughs followed by loud knocks- the man outside attempting to open it. The same female voice was heard on Yuna's phone as an indication that Felix cannot be dialed.

"Open the door."

"W-who are you?" She voiced out.

The door knob was forcefully twisted yet it wasn't opened. Followed by loud bangs on the door, Yuna screamed and begged for the unknown man to get away. She heard a grunt outside then a small curse which became familiar to her hearing.

Yuna tried her best to stand up and peep at the small hole on the door, noticing that it was the boy she was with in the hospital.

"Jisung?"

As she saw him, she forcefully opened the door with her weak hands, confused as to why he came for her. When the door opened completely, Jisung ran towards her and pulled her harshly to sit on the nearest couch.

The boy said nothing while gasps of pain left Yuna's
lips, glaring at the boy. Putting their tattooed wrists together, Jisung groaned as the pain didn't reduce one bit while Yuna whimpered at the forced grip of Jisung's hand on her wrist, asking him to be gentle.

They waited for at least three minutes but nothing worked making Jisung curse under his breath- his energy wearing out. The tattoo stayed in a color of a terrifying black; no hints of gold anywhere.

Jisung's energy completely worn out- the pain on his wrist wanting him to be unconscious yet he fought the urge to sleep. Yuna noticed his tensed state so she gently grabbed his hand and intertwined it with hers.

"Maybe this will help?"

Their intertwined hands were both shaking from the pain yet they endured it, not wanting to show their weak sides on each other.

Jisung's eyes kept on closing on their own yet he still had his hopes up that it will heal in no time so he waited; and Yuna watched her in worry.

Sparks of gold flurried on their wrists but in just a second, the tattoos were back once again in a color of a terrifying black. The color accentuated dimmer than before  and as it did, the pain increased drastically.

The two screamed in pain, their veins both bulging and moving like it wants to come out. Jisung stared unto Yuna's pained face, the crease on her eyebrows together with the tears forming in her eyes made him gulp.

He knew that the pain that he is feeling right now is also what she is feeling. Jisung didn't want to make the pain longer specially that the look on her face made him concerned so without hesitation, he hugged her.

He threw his body gently on hers- one arm hugging the small of her waist while his other hand placed her formed fist on his nape, creating a weird feeling.

Yuna opened her mouth in shock, wanting to retreat but as soon as she saw gold outlining their wrists, she stopped and stayed still.

Jisung watched the satisfying swirls of gold on their wrists- the pain on it slowly decreasing. It was as if he was in cloud nine as the pain he endured for days finally came into a halt.

Her formed fist slowly came to release, gripping Jisung's nape gently to which gave him a jolt. Hands gripping the hem of her shirt, Jisung made sure not to touch her waist fully.

They both watched the gold outlining their tattooes, making it livelier and decent. Yuna smiled tiredly and slowly released her hand from their intertwined ones as the names on both their wrists were now fully outlined with thick and sparkling gold.

"My wrist doesn't hurt anymore. Are yours ok-"

Jisung slowly leant forward, his face going straight to her neck and pushed them both down the sofa as his tired body gave up on him. Yuna gasped in surprise and tried to get out of the sleeping boy's body pressed on hers but she can't.

"H-hey! Move-" Yuna sighed

His face was buried on her neck to which his gentle breaths sent shivers down her spine together with his small snores.

Her hand on his nape slowly went on his back and just rested it there since it's more comfortable. She did not want to move and fight anymore since she knew that just like the boy on top of her, she's also out of energy.

With one last stare at his face, Yuna closed her eyes shut and forced herself to sleep even with her uncomfortable position, smiling as the pain on her wrist was finally gone.

...

"Yuna, I bought you dinner."

Felix walked inside the house, car keys jiggling as he hooked it on the rack. He yelled her name once again but there was no avail so he looked around the kitchen where she always were when he arrives, yet there was no one.

His eyebrows creased, placing the food gently on the kitchen table as he looked for her everywhere, only then finding her in living room- sleeping on the couch

"Wha- why are you sleeping here?"

Felix shook his head and went closer to the couch, noticing her peaceful and smiling face as she slept which he hardly saw these past few days.

His eyes then averted to her glimmering wrist which outlined gold making him frown in confusion. Questions plagued on his head but he just shook it off and smiled as he watch her sleep.

"Yuna? Hey, wake up...let's eat?"

Felix poked Yuna's nose and gently patted her shoulder to wake her up- the girl flinching at his touch. She stretched her arms wide and peeked at the person- jolting as she realized it was Felix who woke her up.

"Are you still tired? We should eat first then you can go shower so you can rest fully."

"Oh, you're here? I forgot to make the food-"

"It's okay, i bought your favorite." Felix smiled.

Yuna smiled and stood up to which Felix nodded and headed to the kitchen, readying the plates and the food he bought.

Yuna looked everywhere, looking for one person but there was no one. She pursed her lips and glanced at her wrist that looked livier as ever but the only thing that bothered her is the outline of gold that slowly turned dull by each minute.

She knew what it meant yet she didn't want to admit it. Her mind plagued with questions but with her boyfriend's voice calling out on her to eat, she shook her head and headed to the kitchen.

"See you again, Park Jisung."

...