39

Okay now this is the last chapter,
I swear.
Stay tuned till the end for my little emotional ass paragraph.

Alex

I wasn't quite sure how to take that information

Not a soul staring Derek down at the moment, really did.

It was the priest's less than happy grunt, that surprising broke up the tension. In an effort to hold onto what I'm sure was the last few years of life he had left, the priest said nothing as he gathered his belongings from the nearby chair, and walked out.

"I guess that settles things?" Joan asked. Derek was already taking his rightful spot on stage at the front of the venue.

"That does still leave the question of your mother." Christian spoke to me. I slowly gave him a nod.

While I wanted nothing more than to have my mother here. To have my mother give me away... I knew that her battles with addiction was still real. This place had an open bar, tap beer, all the works.

"I don't think this would be the best place for her right now, but I know she'd love a recording if you could maybe capture it for me, Joan?" I asked my gorgeous best friend.

"Of course, sweetheart. Give me all the phones and I'll make sure to get something perfect, captured." She replied with a smile that honestly mirrored the giddy ass emotions running through my body right now. I handed her my cell, and Christian handed her his as well. Odds were, his newest model was going to take the better pictures.

Derek was already pulling up a sample script on his phone, and Christian turned to address the remaining guests that hadn't dwindled out already. "Today, there will be a slight change of plans. I know you were all invited here to witnessed the conjoining of two families. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, but you won't be seeing Roslana and I join hands in marriage this evening.

"For reasons beknown to both families involved, we have decided not to follow through with this union. Instead, I will be marrying my partner Alexander Hamilton." Christian gestured towards me. "If anyone here has objections to this marriage, I am more than willing to give stellar directions to where the exit doors are, right over there." Christian pointed the glass entrance.

I watched as three people towards the back, gathered their things to leave. That left just a handful of guests, considering how intimate the original wedding already was.

"And please keep this in mind, for anyone here who does current relations with Ivanov Corp, and has chosen to stay... you've made the decision to accept the love I choose. You can retract that decision at any moment, but if I hear so much as a whisper of slander against my soon to be husband, my family, or this company, consider that an immediate retraction, and consider any future opportunities both explorative or not, completely off the table." Christian finished.