Chapter 18

Chapter 18 – Wesley

We drove for about forty minutes and I couldn’t get my mind to calm down. Who was this girl? How did she find me and how did she seem to know who I was? Where was Nick? Was he ok?

The girl turned around to look at me at a red light and suddenly all I could think about was how naked I was.

“You look pretty bad,” she grimaced and then looked back towards the road.

“Who are you?” I asked just as she took a turn into suburban looking area.

“My name’s Elizabeth, you can call me Liz,” she stopped talking at that but obviously that wasn’t enough.

“Ok, Liz. Why did you pick me up, how did you know I was there and where the hell are we?” I asked a little annoyed as she pulled into a driveway on some suburban human looking cul-de-sac.

There was a woman standing by the front door, long black hair and eyes that seemed to find me in the back seat and glare daggers at me.

“Stay here, I was in a rush and didn’t get to explain anything,” she said hopping out of the car and walking up to the woman.

“Mom,” I heard her greet the woman. I might have been inside the car but I still had my wolf hearing, I could easily hear what they were talking about.

“What have you done now Elizabeth?” her mom threw back, obviously angry by the whole situation.

“I know how this looks but I had to, that’s Nick’s true mate, he would have been killed if I didn’t pick him up,” she was begging but I got caught up on the mention of Nick’s name, how did she know him?

“First a vampire and now his werewolf mate, think about the lies you spin before dig yourself into a deeper hole Elizabeth,” she did not sound happy.

“But it’s the truth! I can prove it to you later but right now we have to get him inside and cloaked. The vampires are looking for him, they want to kill him mama. We can’t let that happen, you know what happens when someone looses their true mate,” she begged and I couldn’t help but feel grateful to her. It was true the vampires were after me and I probably would have been caught by now if she hadn’t of picked me up when she did.

“He can’t just jump out of the car in the middle of the day naked now can he, go inside and get him some clothes,” her mom said a little more gently and I watched as Liz ran into the house.

Her mom stared at me through the windshield from where she stood on the front porch. He eyes seemed cold and I could tell she wasn’t human, neither of them were, there were too many years behind those eyes for her to be human.

If you lay one finger on my daughter you will regret the day you escaped from those creatures, I will put you through my own special version of a living hell. Do you understand me?

I could hear her in my head but her lips weren’t moving. Needless to say it scared the crap out of me and I nodded my head yes just as Liz came back out through the front door.

She walked over to the car I positioned myself so I was exposing as little as possible, her mom’s threat just making me even more self conscious.

“Put these on and then come inside,” she said throwing me a pair of jeans, boxers and a green t-shirt.

She shut the door and I quickly put everything on trying to be gentle with the open wounds and sore muscles. I got out of the car and followed both ladies into the house.

“You’ll have to get him some shoes later,” was all her mother said before disappearing into the house.

Liz waved her hand to follow her and we walked up the steps. We went into a room that was most likely hers and when I turned around she was staring at me. I raised an eyebrow at her and she seemed to snap out of it.