Chapter 28

Chapter 28 - Wesley

I couldn't believe I managed to defy direct orders from my Alpha. He used his Alpha voice, and it took a lot of internal fighting, but I was able to stand my ground. I wasn't going to lose Nick, not again. Did anyone understand what we went through? How much it hurt to be apart?

The Alpha shifted and lunged at me, obviously not happy that I was able to defy him. I threw Nick on the couch to get him out of the way. I'm sure a bite from an Alpha would still kill him and I couldn't let that happen.

I managed to shift just as he tackled me to the ground. I wasn't going to give Nick up that easily though. I fought him off of me and poised to attack again but then I caught a glimpse of Nick out of the corner of my eye.

That red headed vampire was dragging him out the door. Nick looked so scared. I got so angry that my vision flashed red and I felt a hot burning power surge through me.

I tried to run towards the vampire but I was tackled from the side again and I was sent barreling into the couch. The Alpha tried to hold me down but I was out of control. All I could see is red now, Nick was gone and I was angry.

I snarled and bared my teeth before sinking then into his right front leg. He yelped and flew backwards and I ran from the couch towards the doorway. I stopped dead in my tracks as I stared back at two more wolves baring their teeth at me.

Alpha Stone, his large black wolf and bright yellow eyes; and Eric, slightly smaller but still quite a bit larger than me, dark brown just like his father, also bright yellow eyes ready to kill.

I took a step backwards but yelped as I felt teeth sink into my back. I fell to the ground and stayed there. I could fight back, but that would be the stupidest idea ever right now. Three Alpha wolves were surrounding me and ready to attack, I didn't stand a chance.

"SHIFT!" The alpha demanded through our pack link and I did as he said.

I shifted back to my human form. Clothes gone, crouching on the floor, head down. The bite wound was right on my hip, it was bleeding pretty badly but I could already feel it healing. I breathed heavily and kept my eyes on the floor. I know the witches said I couldn't be killed but an out of control wolf was nothing to joke about. If I made him angry enough I had no doubt he would snap.

"Eric, go to the car and get something to restrain him with," I heard the Alpha say. They must have all changed back too.

I heard a few footsteps and then a pair of pants was being thrown at me.

"Put those on," he growled at me and I whispered a "yes, alpha," before doing as he said.

The pants line was right over the bite mark and it hurt but I didn't dare complain. I stood there silently as we waited for Eric to get back. I could hear the witches in the other room and Liz's mom telling Liz to stay out of it. My heart ached at the fact that I couldn't protect my mate. I let the vampire take him away and attacked my own Alpha. That was punishable by death under normal circumstances; I had no idea what they were going to do to me.

Eric came back in with a rope in his hands. He looked angry. Well I just attacked his father, I guess I would be angry too.

He walked behind me and kicked my knees out from under me so I fell to the floor. A sharp bolt of fear went through me, I had gone way too far. I couldn't even feel my wolf, he had retreated so far into the back of my mind, he wanted nothing to do with me. The leaders of my pack hated me, my pack was disgusted with me, what was I going to do?

Eric tied both my wrists together behind my back, pulling the thin rope painfully tight.

"Get him in the car, we're going home first and then we'll decide what to do," the Alpha said and Eric nodded.