Chapter 26

Chapter 26 - Wesley

I lost track of how much time we spent on the couch just wrapped up in each other. It was a nice feeling but I wish Nick would be more positive. We were going to prove how real our love was in front of everyone and then they would have no choice but to acknowledge it. I knew there were still some things to work out but I was confident that we would be able to.

Holding him like this was giving me a permanent hard on. It was the night of the full moon and my wolf knew we were finally going to mate tonight. He couldn't wait to sink he teeth into Nick's neck and the sight of it in front of me, the feeling of his body right up against mine, the delicate caress of his breath on my own neck, I could barely stand it.

But I didn't make a move. I knew he wasn't in the mood. He was scared and worried. I couldn't stand getting rejected again like back at the pack doctor's place. I know he didn't mean to reject me but that was the first time I couldn't make his body react by touching him. He's never not wanted it when I wanted it. It sounds selfish of me but I never wanted to feel that again.

After a while he fell asleep in my arms and squirmed a little in his sleep brushing right up against a certain area that had me whimpering. It was the first full moon in a long time that my wolf wasn't fighting me for control. Our mate was right here, in my arms, safe, there was nothing to fight.

At some point I too ended up falling asleep. It was a peaceful sleep, but soon enough I could feel someone's hand on my shoulder.

I opened my eyes and instantly went on guard. Standing only a foot away was my Alpha, Eric and Alpha Stone; to the right and a good ways back was Clive and two other vampires I didn't recognize. Neither side seemed very happy to be in the same room, but to my enormous surprise they weren't trying to rip each other's heads off.

"Wake Nick up, it's time," I looked to my left and it had been Liz's mom who woke me up.

I instinctively pulled Nick closer to my chest before I shook his shoulders and whispered to him to wake him up.

He opened his eyes and started to smile before he caught a glimpse of Liz's mom and the turned his head around to see everyone else in the room. I could feel every muscle in his body tense as he got into an upright position on the couch but one look from Clive and he didn't get up. He averted his eyes to the floor and I could feel his heart rate pick up exponentially.

I growled low in my throat, no one threatened my mate and got away with it. No one scared him and lived. This was the man that tried to kill me, tied Nick down and let him starve for weeks, forced him to watch as he shot me multiple times. There is no way I was going to let him walk out of this house with all his limbs attached. 

"That's enough Wesley," Liz's mom's voice was strong and demanding. "I have already explained to our guests that there will be no fighting on these grounds. There is a spell around this house that prevents anyone from another species from attacking each other. If you attempt an attack I will have no choice but to restrain you for the remainder of the ceremony."

The tone of her voice was almost scary; I could tell she wasn't lying. It must have taken a lot of power for a spell like that. I wanted to test it out but it would be kind of hard to mate with Nick tonight if she tied me to the bed.

"I need to talk with Nicholas now, alone," it was Clive, I repressed another growl.

"Hell no," I sneered pulling Nick closer to me.

Nick was still tense but I could tell he didn't know what to do.

"Nicholas is still a part of my Clan which means he belongs to me, if I want to speak with him in private it is my right," he said calmly.