Chapter 27

Chapter 27 - Nicholas  

We came down the stairs and walked into the kitchen. Everyone turned and looked at us. I grasped Wesley's hand tighter when I noticed Clive's stare. He was angry. I don't think I changed Wesley but the goddess's words rung in my head like a broken record.

I impart the gifts of both upon the other. Use these gifts well and bring happiness to each other.

What did that mean? Did I have werewolf abilities? I didn't hear a wolf in my head fighting me for control. I didn't feel any different. The only thing that was obviously different was the silver bite mark imbedded in my shoulder.

"Nicholas, Wesley, please join us around the table," Liz's mom said. The werewolves were on one side and the vampires on the other. Liz and her mom were at the head of the table so Wesley and I stood at the other end.

I noticed Eric was back, I felt kind of sorry for him, what happened wasn't his fault, sometimes you just can't control it. He kept his eyes downcast and I could tell Wesley wasn't looking at him on purpose. I would have to talk to him about it later.

"The mating ceremony was a great success," Liz's mom beamed proudly. "The goddess truly works in mysterious ways although it is clear that she is all for this mating and we must abide by her wishes," she unmistakably looked at Clive, his facial expression staying a stoic one of disgust at the whole situation.

"There is no chance of procreation and neither of them hold a high enough position to make any difference in our relations with the wolves, this is nonsense," he spat.

"Before we get into the specifics of this arrangement I propose some ground rules," Liz's mom said and I could see Wesley's Alpha cross his arms.

It was obvious he was as adverse to a higher authority as Clive was but it couldn't be helped. The witches held an ancient magic that surpassed anything science had yet to offer, pissing off an entire coven would cause a chain reaction and both the Horation Clan and the Sol Pack would be taken down. No one wanted that, so they both stewed silently waiting for the witch's ruling.

"Neither side has the authority to kill the other, they are now protected and shall be for as long as they live. If I hear of any attempt on their lives by either side I will not hesitate to call in the high council to eradicate your prospective pack, or clan," she said making eye contact with both the Alpha and Clive before she continued. "They are also not to be kept apart for extended periods of time. The goddess obviously has a plan for these two and we must sit back and see it through. If they spend more than a fortnight apart, again, we will intervene," her voice was serious and held a mystical air of authority over the room. It was all good news for us but I feared what Clive would say to everything later. There were worse things than death, and Clive knew all of them.

"Is that understood," she asked demandingly and both the Alpha and Master Clive said yes at the same time.

"How long is a fortnight?" Wesley whispered in my ear.

Hunter looked over at him with an amused expression and scoffed.

"Looks like you landed yourself a dumb one," he laughed and Wesley blushed.

I decided it was best not to goat anyone too soon so I kept my mouth shut but sent Hunter the angriest glare I could.

"It's fourteen days," I said squeezing his hand a little to let him know I didn't mind that he didn't know.

"I see no reason to write a contract as you both know the consequences for disobeying the orders of a high class coven," she nodded to them both and they nodded back.