Chapter 6

Chapter 6 – Wesley   

We drove for over three hours until we found a bar in a small town away from both my pack and his clan. We wanted to spend some time together in a public place like everyone else but we couldn’t risk anyone we knew finding us. Also if we stuck to human bars no one would be able to tell what we were and wouldn’t start asking questions.

To be honest he scared me a little earlier tonight so I suggested the bar to cool us both down. It was my fault though. He warned me that his fangs were sensitive and the temptation was there but I didn’t listen. I thought we could have some fun, the reactions I was getting from him were amazing. When his eyes turned red though I knew I had to stop. His nails breaking the skin felt good, I healed a few minutes later anyway, but I should have know the smell of blood would make it even harder for him to control himself. It was all my fault.

I still had some money left after the hotel so I decided I was going to use it all to get him drunk. I knew he said vampires couldn’t get drunk but I still didn’t believe it. I was a werewolf and I could get drunk, the alcohol had to do something right? Where else would it go!?

The bar we found was called B2 . It was a gay bar right outside some tiny hick town. We had been here a few times. The people were cool and the drinks were cheap.

We walked in and it looked like any other night. People were just getting started. Most of the people in here were either big burly guys in leather and a motorcycle out back or shotgun wielding big time country hunters. I bet half the guys here had a wife and kids at home too but we didn’t come here for them.

We picked a taller table by the bar and I went and got us the first round of beers.

“You know I don’t even like beer right?” Nick smiled at me because he knew why I bought it for him. I glared. “It’s not going to work Wes,” he said laughing and taking a big gulp before making a face.

“Yeah, we’ll see,” I said and took a sip from mine.

Last time we were here we decided to go head to head and I was plastered by the time we were finished. It had mostly worn off by the time we got back to the hotel that night but not before some embarrassing moments and an unfortunate incident in the bathroom. I was too wasted to tell if he was drunk or not but he says he wasn’t. We’ll see about that.

We chatted for a while and I ordered him more and more beers before I decided beer wasn’t strong enough. I was already running out of money though and I hoped Nick brought some more because I was not giving up anytime soon. The bar was filling up with more men, even a few burly women. I never understood how two women could do it…I mean they didn’t have anything to stick anywhere. It was creeping me out just thinking about it.

I always enjoyed this place. I didn’t feel ashamed or judged or paranoid when I was here. Not that being gay was frowned upon in the pack, in fact it was seen as a reality of life. The goddess chose your mate and if that person happened to be of the same gender who were we to doubt her decisions? She knew who was best for everyone, and Nick was the best thing that ever happened to me. Now, a vampire and werewolf? That I had never heard of before and I doubt anyone in my pack would believe me. I couldn’t risk Nick’s life to figure out if they would be ok with it either…then again I wouldn’t have to mention a name.

“Whatcha’ thinkin about?” he asked through a mouthful of peanuts.

“Nothing,” I said not making eye contact but I could feel his concern.

“You can tell me,” he said and I thought about it for a second. If I couldn’t voice my own thoughts to my mate who could I voice them to? But how to approach it?