Chapter 15

Chapter 15 – Nicholas

Hours later I was dragged out of my cell and shoved into a cold metal chair in the middle of the room. They uncuffed me just so they could use different restraints and tie my wrists to the arms rests on the chair.

It seemed like another hour went past before Clive finally came into the room followed by his assistant who was rolling in a cart.

“I’ve let this issue go on long enough. I partly blame myself that you’re sitting in that chair now, but there’s nothing I can do about it now. You’re going to tell me everything you know, everything that wolf has said to you and everything you have learned about the Sol and Kuro pack’s alliance. Do you understand me?”

I gulped. There was no way around this. I glanced to the right and his assistant seemed to be polishing an array a silver sharp objects. I knew Clive was skilled in the art or torture and he wasn’t afraid to test out his skills. I had done a lot to betray him, and even worse he knew what I had been up to. I had to tell him everything in the hopes that maybe I would be able to see Wesley again.

And I did tell him. The next couple hours were filled with explanations and question after question. When Clive didn’t like an answer he threatened me with one of the objects, going into cruel detail about where each object went. Somehow he knew when I was telling the truth and when I was trying to hide small details from him. I wanted to hide as much as I could about Wesley and details pertaining to our personal lives but Clive wasn’t letting up until he knew the full story.

“Have you discussed completing the mating ritual for either species yet?” another question that I hesitated answering. He didn’t need to know any of this information, it was personal between Wesley and I.

Sensing my hesitation he held his hand out to his assistant and he handed him a long silver hook. It seemed to get skinnier at the tip, almost the size of a needle. Clive had already explained how this was inserted into the eye and curved to come out the nose. I flinched at the visual.

“Yes, we both decided to wait but we haven’t ruled either ritual out.”

He seemed thoughtful for a second, staring at me in silence before the put the hook back down on the cart. A few more questions and he finally seemed to be satisfied with everything I had told him. He definitely knew everything now.

“You need to be punished, but since you were so cooperative I’ll be lenient,” he paused and I could only pray for something short term. I needed to find Wesley.

“Your crimes include the secret practice of magic and constant, deliberate deception of high council members of this clan…including its master. However, it seems your lovers are the cause of both of these problems. Seeing as Elizabeth is protected by the witches and I cannot afford a war with them right now she is off limits, but I will no longer have this mongrel controlling your every action and making you deceive your own kind. Wesley is currently in Kent’s possession, when he is finished with his experiments Wesley will be put down.”

For a second I didn’t think I heard him right. Then reality came crashing on top of me like a tsunami.

“No, no please! I won’t lie anymore, I’ll tell you everything! You can’t kill him!” I begged, still tied down and helpless I was desperate. I would have Clive take my own life before he took Wesley’s.

He didn’t say anything. His face was stoic as he told his assistant to pack up the cart and they started heading for the door.

“Master please! Kill me! Don’t hurt him!” I begged and begged. I struggled against the restraints holding me to the chair. I could feel tears falling but I couldn’t care less.

When the heavy metal door of the warehouse slammed shut I screamed like I’ve never screamed before. I thrashed but I just managed to make my wrists bloody, it did nothing to free me from the chair. I couldn’t stay here. Wesley was somewhere on our land, I don’t know how they got him but he was here and I had to get to him somehow.

I waited for someone to come back, for them to move me from the chair and give me a chance to fight back and escape. No one came. I could feel the sun outside go up and down, I could feel hunger slowly creep in and my skin start to dehydrate and shrink. Weeks were going by and no one came to get me. No one came to feed me. I hadn’t even heard another heart beat or foot step outside the door to the warehouse. I had gone in cycles of hysterics, of depression to silence in the weeks they left me here.

Where was my Wesley, what were they doing to him?

Were they going to make me watch as they killed him? How were they planning on doing it? Were they just going to come get me one day and tell me he was dead?

I was all out of tears, my body felt like a shriveled grape, I had gotten used to the searing pain in my stomach from lack of blood. If I saw even an inch of sunlight right now I would burst into flames. I wanted to fade away. They were going to take the only thing I cared about in this world away from me so why shouldn’t I? If I could have driven a steak through my heart myself I would have done it by now. 

a/n short chapter I know, but updates should be more frequent now ^^