Chapter Two

Tigger warning: transphobia, trans slur(?), suggesting there might be abuse at home

•~•~•~•~•~•

Mr. WasTaken glanced up at Tommy. The class was taking a test. Tommy was unusually quiet. Most of the class seemed relieved while the others seemed upset because Tommy usually stalled until halfway through class and they got an extra class period to finish.

"Mr. WasTaken, I finished." A ginger handed him a paper.

"Oh- Thank you, Fundy." The teacher smiled at them.

"Her names Flora." Someone muttered in the back of the class. Tommy's head shot up and turned towards them.

"HIS name is Fundy, thanks." Tommy narrowed his eyes at them. The kid scoffed.

"Why are you protecting a tranny? She just needs to stop being an attention seeker." Tommy stood up.

"Shut the fuck up!" He glared at them. The kid stood up as well.

"Make me, tough guy!"

Tommy leaned back in the chair he was sitting in outside of Sam's office. Fundy was sat next to him. The kid who was being transphobic was in Sam's office with their mom. After a few minutes, Wilbur walked into the office and over to them.

"Are you two alright? Sorry I didn't come earlier. I had to dismiss my class." He cupped Fundy's cheek and stared at his busted lip. Wilbur frowned and hugged him. "What happened?"

"Just some jerk. I was just trying to stop Tommy from fighting him. Dream stopped the fight right as Tommy had accidentally elbowed me in the face." He swatted at his heads. "Get off me." Fundy muttered, pushing Wilbur away. Tommy looked down at his lap. Wilbur glanced at Tommy.

"Why'd you attack the kid?"

"He was being a transphobe."

"What?!" Wilbur shouted. Fundy flinched slightly. "This fucking... Is it the same kid as before Fundy?" Wilbur asked, quite angry. Fundy stayed quiet. Wilbur went to the door and swung it open. "Sam, I want this kid expelled. This is the last straw!"

"Wilbur, please calm down. We're handling it." Sam stood up.

"Handling it? He needs to be expelled! This has been happening for over a year now! Ever since Fundy started to transition!"

"I know and I'm sorry, Wilbur. I'm been trying to get him expelled but the school board won't let me. They probably won't let me now because of how Tommy acted."

"Tommy was defending Fundy!" The kid's mother stood up and turned to Wilbur.

"And who might you be?"

"Fundy's father. I teach at this school. Teach your son how to respect mine because I've already done my part."

"He is respecting your daughter. No wonder she's an attention seeker. You're letting her be one." The woman crossed her arms. Wilbur balled his hands into fists.

"Fundy, grab your backpack! We're going home!" Wilbur turned and left the room. Fundy grabbed his backpack and followed his dad quickly.

"Dramatic asshole." She scoffed. "You need to get a handle on your teachers." She looked at Sam. Sam sighed and sat down.

"I think it's time you go, Mrs. Evans." She rolled her eyes and pulled her son out of the room. Her son stuck his tongue out at Tommy. Tommy glared at him. "Tommy, come in here please." Tommy huffed and stood up. He walked into Sam's office.

"Hey Sam." Tommy smiled awkwardly. Sam stood up from his seat as Tommy sat down in one of the chair in front of the desk.

"I keep telling you to call me Mr. Dude."

"That's boring." Tommy whined. "Your last name fucking sucks." Sam sighed and went to close the door. Tommy got quiet for a moment. "Hey, why aren't my parents here? Why didn't you call them?" Sam glanced at him.

"I assume your parents wouldn't take to kindly to hearing about this because it's only the third week of school. I have a deal for you. For the rest of the year, you'll have a task each day. At the end of the day, come to my office and tell me if you've completed said task. There's no punishment if you don't get around to it, it'll just be your task for the next day. In return for you doing those tasks, I'll give you free passes if you cause any trouble. Though, if you can't complete a task for a week, you cause trouble that week, and you don't have a pass, I'll have to tell your parents. Sound like a deal?" Sam walked in front of him and put out his hand. Tommy glanced at his hand before looking up at his face.

"So I can get out of trouble if I do these things for you?" Sam nodded. "Why are you making this deal?" Tommy crossed his arms. Sam frowned.

"You're a good kid, Tommy. I know something is going on in that head of your's. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you. So is Puffy. I'm sure a lot of the other teachers are too. If not any of us, then Wilbur. You're close to him, right?" Tommy looked down at his lap and grabbed Sam's hand.

"Fine. It's a deal. Can I go back to class now?" Sam hesitated before nodding. He shook Tommy's hand before turning. He grabbed a small stack of papers.

"These need to get to Mr. Blade by the end of the day." He turned back to Tommy and handed the papers to him.

"What are they for?"

"That's for us to know and you students to find out soon enough."

"You adults are dumb." He huffed before leaving the office. Sam smiled slightly and shook his head.