Chapter Seven

Trigger warning: homophobia, mention of death, mention of hospitalization

This is platonic Ranboo and Tubbo.

•~•~•~•~•~•

Tommy groaned, putting his head on the lunch table. Tubbo and Ranboo looked at him, stopping their own conversation. Purpled glanced at him but shrugged and continued eating. Quackity took the paper Tommy was reading.

"Homecoming dance?" Quackity asked. "Why are you looking at this?"

"BECAUSE I have to help Techno and Phil set it up in the gymnasium tomorrow night." Tommy whined.

"Just sit around and watch them." Purpled shrugged. Tommy glared at him.

"I can't. Sam has me doing stupid errands so I can get off the hook for trouble."

"So he's Tom Nook but instead of doing errands for money, you're doing them to get out of trouble." Tubbo chuckled. Tommy sat up with a smile.

"He is kinda like Tom Nook, isn't he?" Tommy mumbled, staring at the paper in Q's hands.

"Just think of it as a video game, man. School's dumb anyway." Quackity shrugged.

"Aren't you going to college?" Ranboo asked. Quackity rolled his eyes at him.

"ArEn'T yOu gOInG tO CoLlEGe? Yeah. No shit. You all should too." Ranboo rolled his eyes. Tubbo looked at Ranboo again.

"What's your last class?"

"Phil's chemistry class. Why? Shouldn't you know this by now anyways?"

"Just making sure." Tubbo smiled at him.

Tubbo threw open Phil's door. Phil looked away from the board and at Tubbo. Tubbo walked in and waved at Phil.

"Tubbo, you're supposed to be in class."

"I know! Techno gave me a note saying I could be here and interrupt your class!" Phil sighed and grumbled under his breath, something along the lines of 'little shit'. Tubbo smiled and walked over to Ranboo's desk. He slid his papers off the desk.

"Wh- Tubbo!" Ranboo shouted.

"Hey Sexy." Tubbo sat on his desk. Ranboo's face flushed with embarrassment. "Me. You. Home coming. You're wearing a green tie and a shade of green I will be picking out at the mall today. Or maybe it'll be a dress. I haven't decided. Meet me in the front of school and Brother Dearest will be driving us."

"Y-Yeah- Alright- I-I'll see you in like 20 minutes then, I guess." Ranboo muttered, stumbling over his words a bit. Tubbo stood up.

"Perfect! Bye future husband." Tubbo booped his nose and walked up to Philza, handing him the note Techno gave to him. "He said to let you read it." Phil took the note.

Lmao. Hope you have fun with this shit. He wouldn't stop bugging me about letting him go. -Techno

"Tubbo, stop annoying your teachers to leave your classes."

"Never. He said you could keep the note." Tubbo left happily, closing the door behind him.

"So you're gay too?" The person behind Ranboo asked.

"No. Tubbo is just messing around. We're friends. Even if I was, it wouldn't be anyone's business except for the ones I'd want to know." Ranboo picked up his papers.

"You're definitely gay. Why would your parents be dead if you were normal? They probably didn't want a freak of a son like you." The kid teased. Ranboo tensed up.

"His parents are dead?" Another kid asked.

"Yeah. Heard this freak got messed up pretty bad too. He had to stay in the hospital for like a month. Right Ranboo? You still have a bunch of scars, don't you?" Ranboo stood up.

"Mr. Minecraft, may I go to the bathroom? I don't feel well." Phil nodded. Ranboo quickly left the room.

"Nick, go to the principal's office. Now. Your behavior is unacceptable."

Ranboo basically ran to the bathroom. He quickly went into the second stall and locked the door. He sat on the floor and curled into a ball. His eyes filled with tears. How did he find out? Did someone see him while he was at their graves? This was bad. This was so bad. He didn't want them to find out. He didn't want anyone to know. The whole school will probably know by the end of school tomorrow if they don't know already. He started to hyperventilate, the tears now falling from his eyes. He hugged himself tightly and dug his nails into the sides of his arms.

About 20 minutes later, the bathroom door was opened. Ranboo tensed as the footsteps coming closer to the stall he was in. A pair of shoes stop in front of his stall. A knock came from the door. Ranboo flinched.

"Ranboo? You good in here, mate?"

"Phil?" Ranboo asked, his voice a bit shaky. Ranboo stood up slowly and unlocked the stall. Phil frowned and wiped Ranboo's face of tears. He hugged him tightly.

"Sorry he teased you like that." Ranboo's eyes watered up again. He hugged Phil back tightly. Phil rubbed his back in circles softly.

Ranboo walked out of the school building, wiping his face. Almost immediately, Tubbo ran up to him and jumped on him. Ranboo squeaked and held onto him so he didn't fall. Tubbo giggled and hugged Ranboo tightly, wrapping his legs around his waist for extra support.

"Ranboo! I've been waiting for like 10 minutes now! Where've you been?"

"Oh- uh- Phil needed help with something so I was helping him." Tubbo stared at him for a little bit. He was about to say something but Schlatt interrupted.

"Are you losers ready or what? I got papers to grade and I'm making dinner when you guys are done at the mall." Ranboo put Tubbo down. Tubbo pulled Ranboo to the car and opened the door to the backseat. Ranboo got in the back and scooted over so Tubbo could sit with him. Tubbo got in and closed the door. Schlatt got in the driver's seat and started driving to the mall.

Ranboo stared at the green ties Tubbo had shoved into his hands. Tubbo was looking at another green tie. They were all different shades, Tubbo claimed. Ranboo couldn't really see the difference. They just looked the same shade.

"Why were you crying before you came outside?" Tubbo asked, putting a tie against Ranboo's chest.

"I wasn't-"

"Your face was tear stained. Don't lie to me." Tubbo took the two ties Ranboo had and put the one he had in the taller boy's hands.

"I just freaked out over something little near the end of class and Phil had to calm me down. That's all. It's nothing to worry about."

"You're still lying to me. Tell me what actually happened." Ranboo looked down at the tie Tubbo had given him. He was quiet for a bit, fidgeting with the tie in his hands.

"I had a panic attack in the bathroom. Phil came to check on me after class because I had been in there for the rest of class. I cried for another 10 minutes. A kid was just teasing me about-"

"About your parents? So that rumor's true? That you don't have parents?" Ranboo nodded slowly. "I don't even live with my parents. I only live around here so Brother Dearest can be my teacher." Tubbo went back over to look at some more ties and put the other two ties back.

"Do you always call him Brother Dearest?"

"Yep." Tubbo picked up a purple tie. "You like purple right?"

"Yeah. It's a nice color, I guess."

"Purple it is then."