00:14

── 𝟏𝟒 . * .°・( 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 / 𝘁𝗲𝘅𝘁 )
       ❝︎ 𝖽𝗈𝗐𝗇 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝗎𝗆𝗉𝗌 ❞︎

──

          Aurora Park tossed her phone beside her, head thrown back against the headboard. The girl's eyes were clenched shut, mouth downturned in what appeared to be dismay. Clutching the white sheets adorning her bed, Rory lifted her head back up, forcing herself to take in her appearance in the parallel mirror.

          She groaned at the mere sight of herself, hands going up to her frizzy hair. It had been a rough night, to say the least. After Valerie had posted that picture on Instagram with that caption, Rory couldn't help but feel a little... down in the dumps.

          The streamer and the actress had been friends for years; Rory wasn't ready to give up their friendship yet. But wasn't she getting ahead of herself? What if that caption was about something else? Maybe they were tired from filming...?

          Honestly, Rory was shooting in the dark.

          Ripping her sheets off, she stood up for the first time in an unhealthy amount of hours. Legs feeling like Jello, Rory stumbled her way to the kitchen to make herself some breakfast. Opting for some cereal seemed like the easiest option that afternoon. She eyed the time, huffing at the number that met her gaze. Of course, it was a well past noon.

          Rory plopped down on her couch with a bowl of frosted flakes in her lap and a hot cup of coffee to her left. She turned on the television, sorting through the rows on Netflix for a decent anime. Finally deciding on one, she shoved a spoonful into her mouth and munched slowly as the boys on her screen practiced for an upcoming volleyball match.

          After downing the last drop of coffee, she wiped her mouth using the back of her hand and picked up her phone. A text popped up.

          rae
          hey

          Somehow, Rory knew exactly what the girl wanted to talk about.

──

rae
hey

rory
hi

rae
how's your day going?

rory
kinda shit

rory
how's yours?

rae
fine i guess

rory
i know what you wanna talk about

rory
just say it

rory
rip the band aid off if you will

rae
are you and val okay?

rory
not sure tbh

rory
idk who jennie is but it feels
like i'm being replaced?

rory
i know... i'm being irrational
and all that jazz

rae
i'm not so sure this time rors