00:22

── 𝟐𝟐 . * .°・( 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 / 𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗹𝗲 )
      ❝︎ 𝗋𝖾𝗉𝗎𝗍𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 ❞︎

──

          Aurora Park twirled the sterling silver adorning her ring finger, eyes unwavering from the boring sight. The metal felt cool in her hands, bringing a welcoming rush of chill air through her spine; her shoulders shivered once as an audible sigh echoed off the walls of Rae's bedroom.

          The two were sitting on top of the comforter adorning Rae's bed, facing each other while sitting in the famous criss-cross-applesauce position. The brunette leaned forward a bit, trying to catch the other's attention. Rory caught her curious gaze and felt an unwanted flood of warmth coat her cheeks and the tips of her ears.

          "Oh, sorry." She whispered. "I, uh, just wanted to... talk?"

          Rae smiled reassuringly, reaching a hand out. Rory jumped as their hands made contact.

          "Let's talk, then." She offered. "Is this about Val?"

          Rory nodded uneasily.

          "Okay... Have you spoken with her at all?" Receiving a shake of the head, Rae cleared her throat before continuing. "She called me the other day while Jennie was at an interview."

          "Did she... mention me at all?"

          Her dark eyes drifted off to the floor, avoiding Rory's hopeful stare. "She only talked about filming with her cast-mates. I'm sure she's sorry though, Rors."

          The blonde sucked her lips in, thinking over Rae's words.

          Was she sorry? Rory truly couldn't piece together her thoughts enough to put herself in Val's shoes. At first, Rory figured that she was just overreacting and Val wasn't ignoring her, but after the exaggerated hiatus of conversation she couldn't help but think of the worst. Now, she wasn't even sure if Val considered her a friend anymore after the fight they had weeks prior.

          "I don't want you to tell me she's sorry." Rory spoke, voice slightly croaky. Her eyes raised to meet Rae's, slipping her hand out of their shared grasp. "She needs to be the one to apologize."

          Nodding, Rae hummed. "Yeah, I know... I just hate to see the two of you like this."

          Rory played with a stray strand of hair from her freshly-dyed head. "I'm worried about her..."

          Eyes softening, Rae felt a small smile reach her lips. "I know. I am too."

          A knock on the door broke through their bubble of concern, both turning to watch as Imane poked her head into the room. "Dinner's here~"

          Rory and Rae looked to each other, shared a soft grin, before hopping up to chase after the other roommate before she stole all the food.

          All grabbing paper plates, they lined up at the kitchen table while spotting the box of heavenly pizza resting on top. Leaning in closer, three pairs of eyes stared as Imane lifted the lid.

          "Wow..." The three muttered at once.

          Rory was the first to pluck from the cardboard box. "That's a sexy slice..."

          Imane and Rae nodded in agreement, almost foaming at the mouth as they picked up their own slices.

          Throwing themselves onto the couch, they inhaled the pizza like it was their last night alive while reruns of Gilmore Girls played in the background. No words were shared between the trio, too focused on the glorious meal before them.