【Chapter 2】

Around noon Namjoon jolted awake. He'd been having nightmares, or more like visions for a while now whenever he fell asleep.

He'd been up all night, studying about the true-blood tendencies. And fell asleep at around 4 in the morning. He'd tried to go without any sleep, not wanting to go through these visions again. He might have seen black all throughout, but he felt the fear, he felt the pain, he heard the /insulting words, he felt and heard everything. He had a suspicion that it was his mate feeling all of this though he wasn't certain.

His parents had been pestering him about the fact that he hasn't found his mate yet, and that he couldn't become an alpha without one. Every time it came up around his friends though, two of them always got into a down mood, making him suspect they knew something more though he'd leave it for now. He hadn't told anyone about the visions he'd been having, not wanting to sound weak as they did scare him.

He got up from his bed, changing into some sweatpants and a sweater. He'd be in his wolf form for most of the day anyway. Making his way to his window he opened his curtain, seeing that the ground outside is lattered by a heavy coat of snow with more falling from the sky. He heaved a sigh, he used to love the snow, however on patrol it would only hinder his run.

He put on his shoes and walked out of his room, making his way to the kitchen, still a bit shaken from the experience of the most recent vision. "See who finally decided to wake up" the voice of a male, sitting at the kitchen island, spoke. "I ain't in the mood Yoongi hyung" he replied, sitting down beside the other alpha male.

"Where are the others?" the younger questioned "Kook, Tae and Hoseok are already at the training fields, they said they'd be going on their first patrol in a few days. Jimin is helping out with the pups at the daycare, Jin hyung is at the clinic" Yoongi explained "I just decided to eat lunch here and waking you up after. Seeing you're already awake that won't be needed anymore." he said as he stood up, finishing what was left of the coffee he was drinking and walking out the door.

Namjoon grabbed an apple from the fruitbasket situated on the counter. Taking a bite while he thought over the vision, or nightmare he had. He might seem like a cold person to the rest of his pack. But he was genuinely worried that it indeed was things his mate was experiencing. How could someone do that to another person.

The male took a deep breath, getting up and going over to the door. He put on his coat, taking another bite of his apple he walked out of the door. On his way to his father's office, still the sound of his mate's whines ringing through his mind. He couldn't get it out of his head and he had to talk to someone about it, he just didn't know who.

He walked into his father's office building, going straight up the stairs to the hallway that contained the door to the office. He knocked on the door, not bothering to wait for a conformation, he went inside closing the door behind him. He sat down in the chair before the desk.

His father looked up from his paperwork "Look who finally decided to show up" his father said. Namjoon hummed in response "Can we just go on that patrol already" he said, looking anywhere but to the elder across the desk. He wanted to get his mind off of the dream he had.

His father nodded in response, standing up from his desk. He noticed that his son was a bit out of it and decided he'd find out on the patrol run they were going to take. Namjoon stood up as his father did and walked outside of the room, going straight outside not even looking up to the people he passed in the halls.

Hearing his father following him, he changed into his large jet black wolf form, his red eyes fixated on the ground. His father changed to his wolf form too, he also was a black wolf, but with a gray mist over it, he had golden eyes and was smaller then his true-blooded son. The two wolves sat out for their patrol of the borders of their territory.

After a few hours running around the borders, stopping once in a while when they picked up an unfamiliar scent. They finally took a break as they layed down in wolf form in the forest.

The elder eyed his son taking a heavy sigh when he saw the male just staring straight ahead of him, his head on his paws. "you have been kind of out of it lately, Namjoon" his father linked him as he watched his son huff. "it's nothing" he responded.

The elder shaked his head, changing to his human form "if it was nothing, it wouldn't have been eating you up inside" the pack leader remarked, the younger took the hint of also changing back. Due to the necklace they wore, they were still wearing their clothes when they transform back into human.

"it's just that I've been having these dreams lately. I have a suspicion of what they mean but not why I am getting them. And if I am correct about what they mean, then I am deeply worried about the reason" he said to his father, following a snowflake with his eyes as it landed on the snow covered ground infront of him. "then what do you think they mean?" his father questioned him.

"I think they are what my mate is feeling, hearing, smelling and tasting at these times. When I am asleep and she is awake. I do not have any vision on it. Though I can feel the pain she is being put through, both mentally and physically. Her screams of pure agony, I can't get them out of my head" he explained to his father successfully without any voice cracks. He looked away from the elder as he swallowed the tears that were threatening to spill away.

The elder was stunned by his son's answer. He was feeling the pain of his mate and he couldn't do anything about it, no wonder it was eating him up inside. No one should ever be put through anything like that. He moved over to his son and brought him in an embrace "I am sure she will be alright and find a way to get to you" the alpha reassured, rubbing his back gently. Namjoon melting into the hug with his father, concerned for his mate.