- Chapt. 8 -

So as everyone leaned in around him to stay in frame, he held up the camera high and after a couple adjustments with the magic tool's position he clicked a button and a bright flash went off, marking the beginning of a whole new chapter.

🌖-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-🌔

The group of first years were promptly sent back to their dorms once they'd taken their group photo, the mismatching duo being greeted by their undead roommates when they arrived back at ramshackle dorm, before they climbed up the tedious flight of stairs stairs that lead to their shared room.

"I'm so tiiiireed!" Grim let out a yawn as he complained, not hesitating to flop onto the bed once the pair had reached their room.

"I get what you mean... I wasn't feeling that tired before, but... now that I'm back at our dorm the tiredness is really setting in." (Name) didn't hesitate to lay down on the bed as well, curling up under the cozy, warm blanket before closing his heavy eyelids. "...Goodnight, Grim..."

"Good night, apprentice..." The smaller voice slowly responded before they both fell into a deep sleep.
However, unlike the little cat at the foot of his bed, the timid boy's rest was filled with strange dreams that were unlike any he'd had before.

🌟💫🌙+++++++++++++———————————————++++++++++++++🌙💫🌟

"Hurry and paint the roses red!" An ace of clovers sang.

"Hurry before the flowers wither!" A two of clovers continued.

"Hurry! Hurry! We have to paint them all red!" The ace shouted at his companion.

Paint... the roses?...

"Why do you have to paint the white roses red?" Alice asked the soldiers.

"Huh?" The two of them stopped their work to stare at the confused girl.

"Why, you ask? The truth is... we made a mistake and grew white roses." The two of clovers answered.

"The Queen loves red. If she sees white she'll have our head!" The ace of clovers continued.

"Really?" The little girl asked and walked towards a bush of pale roses.

"That's right. Therefore, we're painting the roses." A three of clovers said with brush in hand.

At the last soldier's words, the world seemed to twist and twirl, morphing from the original scene into a deep, abysmal black that woke the tired (name) from his slumber.
"That was a... strange dream..." The timid boy whispered to himself as he curled up further under the warmth of his sheets, not used to such a cohesive dream but deciding to move past it in his little burrito of solace.
But his comforting state was disrupted when he heard loud knocking coming from downstairs, which not only woke him up but also his fluffy companion as well.

"Mmuyaaa... sounds like we have a late night visitor." Grim yawned as he stretched out his arms and legs, before moving off the comfortable bed with an annoyed grumble. "Who'd even come at this hour?"
The flower boy soon followed behind, rapping the heated blanket around his shoulders as he walked behind his friend, trying to keep whatever warmth he could in the freezing, cold night.

"Who is it?..." The (h/e) haired boy sleepily asked as he walked towards the entrance door, rubbing his eyes while struggled to keep them open.

"Um, it's... Ace." An awkward voice answered from behind the oak doors, though the answer only filled (name)'s head with more questions as he slowly became more awake. "Could you let me in?"