- Chapt. 10 -

Yet through the darkness, a voice called to him.

🌖-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-🌔

When (name) first came to consciousness, his eyes were still closed as he began to recover from the sudden nap. As he woke, the first thing he noticed was that he was no longer panicking, which was a fortunate thing, as well as the fact that he could breath freely again without any trouble.

The second thing he noticed was the strange smell in the air that seemed familiar but also felt completely unknown and that his head was laying on something soft that it almost made him want to return to a rest of cozy bliss.

The third thing that the flower boy noticed was the sound of fuzzy voices that had been muffled to silence until his hearing had finally returned to him. Many of them spoke worryingly in whispers, speaking of their anxieties to one another in quiet tones as if to avoid waking someone of their slumber.

They sounded... familiar.

...

Probably because they belonged to familiar faces.
At that thought, the timid male's brain quickly whirred back into action and returned all human functions to normal, including memories and thought processes.

Those voices where that of his friends, Ace, Deuce and Grim being the most noticeable amongst others, and they were worried because...
Because of...
That... fight...

(Name)'s eyes sprung opened as his mind officially returned to its sober state, before having to close again due to the bright lights around him. The flower boy shuffled around into a sitting position when he could see again, only to have his sight be covered by a glomping hug from his two buddies.

"I'm so sorry, (name)! I'm so so sorry that I wasn't able to stop them from hurting you!!!" The blueberry boy cried out as he buried his head into the first year's chest, most likely trying to hide the tears that threatened to fall.

"Apprentice! I was so worried!!! I thought you were dead and that- that you-" The fluffy creature sniffed between his words, shaking his head in an attempt to rid himself of the tiny tears that clung to his fur.

But before either of them could go on, the ramshackle resident placed a soft hand on each of their heads, which made the pair look up to see a gentle smile on the timid male's face.
"There's no need for either of you to apologise, it's not like you could predict that he was going to... hurt me. And even if you did, I'm feeling all better now, especially since you guys are here, so there's no need to worry!"

The flower boy's words made his companions pause before bursting into loud tears and tightening their hug on the caring student as they wailed over how much they cared for the flower boy.
They sobbed loudly as (name) pet their heads with a calming smile, continuing the calming motion even when his attention was taken away by a certain ginger walking up to his bedside.

"We were... all super worried about you, so..." Ace was looking down at the tiled flooring as he spoke, before taking a deep breath and moving his gaze to look into the eyes of his injured friend. "I'm really happy to see you're feeling better."

"Hey! Don't forget about us!" Another voice cried, drawing all the first years' attention towards a white haired dorm leader who was walking up towards the foot of the flower boy's bed. "We're super happy to see you're alright, too!"

"Kalim, you shouldn't speak so loud. Remember that there are other people recovering here who need to rest." Jamil followed behind his classmate as he let out a small sigh.

"Oh, right, sorry!" The second year apologised.

"Kalim and Jamil?" The timid male's eyes widened upon seeing the familiar faces of the boys he'd met at the entrance ceremony. "Why are you two here?"