- Chapt. 12 -

Grim shouted out to announce the final decision that had been made and with that the skull ringing sound of the school bell rang, signifying the end of lunch and the beginning of classes.

🌖-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-🌔

Just as they'd discussed during lunchtime, the first years all met up at the botanical garden once classes were over and any extra homework was completed in the library. With an excited furrball rushing forward in the lead, they all walked to the forest that Trey had previously mentioned, each with at least some form of a smile on their faces as they spoke to each other about who knows what.

Once they arrived at their desired destination, Grim halted in his steps as he gazed at the large amounts of shrubbery surrounding him. The leaves were so vibrant and green that they looked like they'd jumped out of a picture book and the variety fruits on each of their branches came in a multitude of shapes, colours and sizes.
The grey creature's eyes began to sparkle as he looked upon the marvellous sight and he didn't wait any longer to rush headfirst into the greenery full of delicious looking foods.

"Waaah! There's so many chestnuts all over the place! And not only that, you can find all sorts of food here, pretty sure they even have some super rare types too!" Grim seemed to be talking to himself rather than his friends, despite the loud voice he used to express his thoughts. His words were filled with a simple joy and the sheer happiness they held made (name) let out a soft chuckle in response, something that made both Ace's and Deuce's cheeks redden.

"This place definitely doesn't hold back." The flower boy continued after his laughter quieted, raising his eyes to gaze at the beautiful trees and bushes around him with cheerfulness swirling in his (e/c) orbs. When he looked around at the vast nature before him, it wasn't hard to find many plant species that he'd never seen before and many more peculiar ones.
But nevertheless he found them stunning and just as breathtaking as the ones back home.
"Everything's just so..." The timid male let out a deep sigh, one that was filled with contentment, letting out any pent up exhaustion as he continued to smile at his surroundings. "...So calming... I really missed this feeling."

Deuce's heart was racing as he looked at the tranquil (name), whose usually tense shoulders had finally relaxed and whose body was finally easing up from the stress it previously held. The essence of a gardener radiated off him as the white rose in his hair seemed to shine under sunlight that peeked through the leaves and the smile on his face was caring and joyful, a look that made the Heartslabyul resident weak at the knees as he felt his heart only beating faster.
The blueberry boy had no doubt in his mind that Ace was probably feeling the same way, experiencing the same euphoric emotions as they looked at the soothing sight of a calm flower boy. But he didn't give it any further thought, only relishing in the moment as feelings for the soft male grew and he fell deeper and deeper for (name).

However, the harmonious moment was unfortunately interrupted by a sharp cry that came from the excitable mammal that had dashed away earlier.
"Ffgnaaaa! The thorns pricked my paw!!!" Grim shouted as he raised a paw that was now covered in little prickles that were stuck in his fur.

The timid male immediately snapped out of his previously tranquil state, a face full of worry and concern replacing his once relaxed visage as he raced towards the spot where his friend's voice came from.
The Heartslabyul duo followed close behind as the flower boy crouched down next to the tearful mammal and gently took his injured paw into his own soft hands. After delicately brushing his fingers over the tiny puncture wounds, (name) began to slowly pick out the thorns, sending reassuring  glances and rubs whenever Grim winced from pain. Soon enough, they were all out, laying on the floor by their feet as the fluffy creature marvelled at the results of his dorm mate's skilful movements that had taken care of his injuries without causing any extra pain.