- Prologue -

(Name) stood up from his garden with a smile, looking down happily at the little bundle of flowers he was carrying.
Together they made up the colours of the rainbow (plus black and white), a beautiful sight to see and an achievement the boy had been working towards for months.
"I didn't expect it to turn out so good, let's put you in my room now, shall we?" The male softly spoke to himself, before heading back into his house.

Well, it was more like his parents house since he wasn't even a legal adult yet, but they were both doctors who had been called far away from their house and into the city, and wouldn't be back anytime soon, so he liked to think of it as his own house.

He opened the door to his room to see his pride flag gracefully fluttering above his bed due to the strong wind coming from the window.
It almost felt like it was about to rain!
So (name) stepped towards the window, grabbed it and was about to close it when he noticed something strange outside of his front porch.

A gaunt, black horse attached to a carriage.

The male had to do a double take at what he just saw cause the last time he checked, it wasn't the medieval ages. This kind of thing wasn't the norm anymore.
He blinked a couple more times before realising that this, in fact, wasn't a hallucination and that there was actually a carriage outside of his house.

(Name) then scurried down the steps at top speed, the small bouquet still being held delicately by one hand while the other touched against the walls of the house in order to push himself forward.
When he finally got to the entrance of his house, it was pouring, which the boy found strange since he was expecting more of a drizzle rather than a torrent of rain. But that didn't stop his silent curiosity to find out why there was a carriage waiting outside.

The obsidian horse huffed and hoofed at the ground, thus drawing (name)'s attention away from the strange weather.
Slowly but carefully the (h/c) haired boy stepped towards the mammal and reached his free hand out to touch its head while keeping the rest of his body under the safety of the porch roof.
The horse made no fuss about the action but (name) still got the sensation that it wasn't pleased by what he was doing.
Maybe it was impatient?
Or maybe it was because it had to stand outside in the pouring rain to wait for it's passenger?

The male soon retracted his hand and gazed sympathetically at the animal before turning to go inside the house.
"I'll be right back, I'm going to try and find some food for you. If your going to be standing out in the rain you might as well have a full stomach." (Name) said, glancing over his shoulder to look at the horse with a small smile.

But just when he brought his hand towards the entrance's door knob, he felt a strong breeze push him back. The boy would have fallen if it wasn't for his quick footing, however, nothing could save him from his immense confusion.

How did that even happen? From what his science class had taught him that wasn't something that was possible; it wasn't like the wind was coming from his house, so how did it manage to get in front of him and push him away?

The strange wind didn't stop there, though, it came again, this time stronger. It was so strong that it soon had him pressed to the carriage door before letting him go.
Worried and confused, the boy gazed at nothing in bewilderment, this wasn't what he expected to happen, he just wanted to grab food for the soaking animal but apparently fate had different plans.
But he couldn't understand the reason why.
He turned to look behind him at the ornately elegant carriage and as he stepped back a bit to get a better look, he got the sudden urge to open the door in front of him.
He wanted to open it.
To go in.
To see if the horse would lead him somewhere.
To see where it would lead him to.
It was a strong feeling in his heart and mind that he wanted to-
No.
Needed to do this.

After taking a deep breath, (name) nodded to himself and grabbed the handle to the carriage entrance, pulled it open and stepped in.

Little did he know that this simple action would change his life and those of the people around him.