- Chapt. 11 -

Eventually Ace got the message and as dread slowly set in, the once frustrated male turned around to see the red haired Riddle Rosehearts glaring down at his with the rage of a thousand suns.

🌖-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-🌔

"Fgna! It's the guy that put that weird collar on me during the entrance ceremony!" Grim exclaimed at the sudden appearance of the Heartslabyul dorm head, unpleasant memories returning to his mind upon seeing the short male.

"Will you quit calling someone's unique magic a 'weird collar'?" The red head asked with a displeasure leaking through his tone, brows furrowed as he looked at the cat but soon relaxed as he caught sight of a familiar face. "Oh, (name)."

"H- hello, Riddle! Happy to see you again." The flower boy greeted in response, lifting his hand to give a small wave to his acquaintance as he wore a soft smile.

"The pleasure is all mine. But... I must admit..." The second year paused as he glanced at the students around the timid male with a judgmental glint in his eyes. But it soon disappeared when his blue-grey orbs returned to gaze at his (h/c) haired acquaintance and he continued. "I didn't take you as the kind of person to sit with troublemakers."

"A- ah- well-... One thing just lead to the other and in the end we became pretty close so... Now I'm here!" The (e/c) eyed boy let out a nervous smile at his own quick explanation, the hand that once waved instead now moved up to rub his neck in a comforting motion.

"Hm... such an explanation makes me wonder what events lead to you becoming friends with such troublemakers. However the more I think about it the more I question why the headmaster even keeps such rule breakers in the school." Riddle's frown returned as his thoughts shifted, arms crossing and his mood becoming sour. "Honestly, I have to admit that the headmaster is soft. Nuisances need to be punished otherwise the whole system ends up collapsing. All you have to do is just cut off the heads of anyone who doesn't follow the rules, yet he barely does anything and leaves them to roam around the school like nothing ever happened!"

"The words coming out of his mouth really don't suit his looks." Ace whispered to the soft male beside him as he deflated into his seat, the dorm leader in front of him going off on a frustrated tangent that everyone had zoned out of. However, when the ginger glanced in (name)'s direction, he quickly noticed the troubled expression on his friend's face.
Probably due to the shock of hearing such strong words from someone he thought of as such an understanding person and the internal conflict that came with it, since he could both sympathise and understand Riddle's perspective but also wasn't pleased with how his friend was treated and wanted to defend him.
Sprinkle in some anxiety on top and you've got the perfect recipe for a borderline breakdown.

The first year's red eyes grew concerned at his companion's anxious state, and reached out a comforting hand which he lightly placed on the flower boy's shoulder after much hesitation.
"Hey... you good?" Ace quickly realised how dumb that question was after it had already slipped out from his lips and rushed to corrected himself. "I mean- you obviously aren't but..."

As the ginger's words trailed off, the timid male noticed that he'd actually begun to shake and he was even breathing in rapid, uneven breaths that were slowly returning to their normal pace.
"Y- yeah... I... think I'm okay." (Name) responded in a whisper, fiddling with the buttons of his blazer as his worries steadily dissipated away and a small smile replaced his anxious expression instead. "Thanks for asking though..."

"Of course!" The orange haired male replied just as quietly, glancing back towards the complaining dorm head before muttering one last thing. "We're... friends, after all."