eight

MARK'S POV

The first time I met y/n was the day she moved into our neighborhood. I was very shy back then and didn't have the guts to introduce myself to her. Thanks to my mom who was very friendly, she brought me with her to welcome them and introduced ourselves.

"Hi, I'm Mark."

"I'm y/n."

And we instantly became best friends. I never told anyone this but I was in love with her and I still am. That's why it was so hard for me to leave the country other than I barely spoke Korean, I wasn't ready to leave her as well. She was my first love.

Being a trainee was tough, I was still young but I was already so far away from my parents and basically working my way up in the entertainment industry. I worked with my vocals, my rapping skills, dancing, and Korean. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. She was always on my mind 24/7.

Sometimes, she would go to our house in Canada just so we could talk on the phone. My mom was very fond of her as well.

"Why does our classmates think that you died?" She asked me that and I just couldn't help but laugh.

"Cos you're the only one that I told." I told her.

Gosh, I missed her so much.

She graduated from high school and I graduated from SOPA as well. She then went to study computer programming and I on the other hand focused on my career. There were days when she gets upset about school and would call me. She knows that whatever it is, I would always pick up if its her.

She had a passion for traveling. She was always adventurous and was always eager to learn about other culture. She traveled a lot and met some few friends along the way. I've been wanting invite her to Seoul but I was just too busy.

The day came where we went to perform in Canada. I invited her, our parents, and some of my friends. I remember being emotional that day. It was good to be back and I was so excited to finally spend some time with my family and friends from home.

y/n and I finally saw each other after how many years. We had the chance to catch up and spend some time together at my childhood home.

We became kids again.

Of course, our time was cut short and I had to go back to be with my members. I thought about confessing my feelings to her but I would rather keep her as my best friend. Knowing myself, I would probably mess things up and hurt her. I'm working all the time and I just couldn't do that to her. I guess in some way, I let her go.

I introduced y/n to my members when she decided to come to Seoul. I was so excited to show her around. That time she already has a job and basically just used her savings to travel to places she has never been before. I remember the way Jaehyun looked at her.

He looked at her the same way I look at y/n.

I was genuinely happy when I learned that Jaehyun and y/n were dating. I was very supportive. Jaehyun hyung was also my best friend because he literally helped me during my trainee days. He was a great brother to me and he still is. It was great seeing them both happy.

When I got a call from y/n, she was sobbing that I could barely understand her

When I got a call from y/n, she was sobbing that I could barely understand her. She told me that Jaehyun ended things with her after three years and I swear, that moment, I felt rage. I was so angry at him. I wanted to confront him but what good would that do?

Eventually, y/n decided go traveling again but didn't let go of her apartment in Seoul. It was nice knowing that she'll come back. I wanted to go with her to make sure that she's okay but I know that she's the only one who can overcome her breakup.

Sometimes, I wonder if things were different, what would happen? 

What if I didn't move to Seoul and be an idol, what would I be doing?

What if I had the guts to tell her how I really felt?

What if everything worked out with her?

Maybe we get married and we'd have kids, we would move in to a house that's straight out of a fairytale book with flowers surrounding the house. Maybe we could also get a dog. I'd probably be a writer and she could decorate my office with more plants. Then we'd send off our kids to college, then maybe they get married and have babies, and we could be grandparents.

We could grow old together.

Those are the things that keeps me up at night when I think of her. Deep down, I feel a little regret about not taking my chance. I was just playing safe because I was so scared to risk our friendship and I didn't want to lose her. Maybe in another life, we have a chance. Maybe in another parallel universe, I was hers and she was mine. I like to think about the possibility of all the possibilities being possible is just another possibility that can possibly happen.

These days, I noticed Jaehyun hyung has been smiling a lot lately and I know why. They're obviously still in love with one another. My only concern is I don't want to see her getting hurt again. I hope they could start over and be happy because they deserve that.