fourteen

JAEHYUN'S POV

I was angry and jealous to the point where I did not listen to what y/n has to say. It's like I couldn't hear anything but the sound of my breath. I realized what I had done but it was too late. I left y/n's apartment and I felt like I was drowning. Every step I took, I felt an ache in my heart. I was walking home when it rained but I didn't care. It felt like the sky was on my side and letting the world know how I was feeling.

I'm in my bed staring at the ceiling with my hands behind my head when Mark walked in. I looked at him for a second and let out a deep sigh. He was just standing there and I could sense that he was angry at me.

"Just say what you wanna say and leave." I said without looking at him. He scoffed and put his hand on his hips.

"Dude, what the hell was that all about?" He said in a calm manner.

I looked at him and raised my brow. I sat up to face him.

"Why? Did you come here to lecture me?" I asked.

"No." He paused for a second and looked at me.

"I think you guys just have a misunderstanding, all you gotta do is listen to her." He added.

"I think we're past that by now." I explained.

"You promised. You promised me that you wouldn't hurt her."

I sighed

I sighed.

"You think I was happy seeing him there? Of course not!" I exclaimed.

"She never mentioned him, not once. I had to hear it from someone else!" I added.

"Hear what exactly?!" His face was all serious and red.

"About them! I know Mark! I know! I know he liked her!" I stood up.

"That's it?! You're angry because he likes her? So what??"

I didn't answer.

"See?!! You got mad for no reason!"

"The fact that he likes her is enough for me to feel this way."

"Well, I like her! Do you hate me too?"

I was taken aback by what he said and I couldn't find the words to say. He left and slammed the door behind him. I was standing in the middle of the room trying to process what Mark just said.

He likes her???

A few days passed and Mark and I haven't been talking. He was obviously still mad about me and y/n on the other hand wouldn't take my calls. I was stressing out and I couldn't think clearly. I tried to shift my focus on rehearsals but all I could think of was y/n.

I was sitting in a bench holding my phone as I stared at y/n's photo. I looked up and to see my members playing around and Mark's eyes just met mine but he directly looked away. I sighed in disbelief when Taeyong sat beside me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I screwed up... I screwed up big time." I revealed.

"I heard that you and Mark fought."

I froze.

"And I also know what happened between you and y/n." He added.

"I- uhhh... I don't know what you mean."

"Ya, don't let your pride get the best of you."