Epilogue

Sydney pulls what little she brought with her into her suitcase sat open on the bed. She's packing. She's leaving. Dean is back. He's human again. She did what she told Sam she would do. And she can't stay here any longer. She tried. Things have been very awkward since Sam cured Dean of his demonism. Mostly awkward between Dean and Sydney. Her vampirism. His pain. The angel who watches everything she does. Castiel is clearly very protective of Sam and Dean, even if that threat is their own sister. She knew staying wasn't an option.

"So I know things have been tense..." Dean starts as he walks through the open door. He holds a six-pack of beer, he pauses, his eyes glancing over her and then the suitcase. Dean scoffs and rolls his eyes. Of course, she's leaving. Running away is all she's good for. He's still angry, and she doesn't blame him. They were best friends. Twins. And in a single moment, it was all gone. She chose to be selfish one time in her life. And she lost everything because of it. She's still mad at herself too. Though not too mad, she wouldn't have met Bucky if she hadn't have left. She can never regret that part of her life. She loved him, still very much does, with every fibre of her being and she knows, deep down, that she won't ever find that kind of love again. It was special. "You're leaving?" He asks. She hums and sets her makeup bag into her case.

"I wasn't staying forever, Dean" She answers. "We both know this isn't going to work" He shakes his head and clenches his jaw.

"Run away," Dean tells her with a scoff. "It's what you're good at"

"Dean" Sam scolds walking into the room, having heard him from outside, he might just have been snooping to see how Dean handled what Sam assumes would have been some form of reconciliation.

"No" Dean snaps back. "She wants to leave, nothing is stopping her from walking out on her family yet again" Sydney closes her eyes and then zips up her case.

"Yes, because that's what I am doing" She comments. "We're almost 40 years old, living under each other's feet is not normal..." She picks up her case and then starts to leave.

"Whatever happened...." Sam tries softer, stopping Sydney. "It doesn't matter any more," He tells them both. "This has gone on long enough. We don't have so much family that we can afford to turn our backs on one another...." He looks at Sydney. "This ends now..." He adds. "It's been 16 years, we all need to grow up and deal with this as adults...." There is a silence after that. The three of them just waiting for someone else to make the first move. But Sam pushes a little. "Syd?" Sam asks, she sighs.

"Fine" She whispers and nods.

"Dean?"

"If she tells us why she left" Dean answers.

"Dean" Sam groans.

"No, she wants to stay....she tells us everything. It's all out in the open....we clear the air, here and now...." He folds his arms over his chest and looks at Sydney, waiting. She runs her fingers through her hair and drops her bag.

"Okay," She whispers. She knew it would have to come out eventually. She knew that the why would push them and mess with them until one or all of them snapped. The fallout would likely be worse with the next blow out. "I was pregnant" She admits, Dean sort of just stares at her, trying to process what she's just said to him. She lets out a breath and shrugs, turning away a little.

"What?" Dean asks her.

"I found out I was pregnant" She repeats quieter. "And...Dad....he told me that....." She closes her eyes and bites her lip. "He told me that I wasn't allowed to keep it....so I left." Sam is watching her sadly and Dean still seems rather angry, but she is not sure it's just at her anymore.

"You could have told us" Sam points out, she looks at him and gives him a look.

"Sammy...the two of you would have just gone along with whatever Dad said" She counters. "It wouldn't have mattered what I wanted..." Sam looks down. She turns to Dean. "You knew how much I wanted to have a normal life" She whispers to Dean. And he did know. They talked about it. about her wanting to leave, but she always said she stay because she knew Dean would never give it up. "When I found out...." She shrugs and lets out a breath. "I wanted to be a mother. I wanted to be a normal person. Make connections that lasted more than a couple of weeks. Get a job. A house. Live my life with someone who loved me, cared about me....watch my child grow up, go to school, fall in love..." She looks down and blinks, letting a few tears slide down her cheek, she reaches up and brushes them away.