Chapter Thirteen

Sydney lets out a breath as she sets her knife and fork down, Bucky outdid himself. The food was good, amazing even, for someone that doesn't cook, at all. And he smiled the whole time. She loves it when he smiles, when he lets himself be in the moment instead of letting himself be eaten up by whatever he hasn't told her. He just let himself enjoy it all. And he enjoyed being James with her, for dinner, for her. He loves being around her. He loves her. He knows he does. Even before sex, he knows that she is the one woman who he trusts above all, and always will.

"I think I did alright for someone that can't cook" Bucky teases grabbing the empty plates from the table, Sydney chuckles and watches him.

"It was delicious" she assures him as she leans back in her seat. "Thank you" he smiles and kisses her head as he passes her.

"You're welcome" he comments setting the plates on the counter and then moves back to her. He touches her shoulder and strokes her neck, she smiles and leans into his touch. "Come sit with me" he whispers to her as he moves his hand to hold it out to her. She takes a breath and sets her hand into his, he helps her up out of her seat. She leans closer to him, hugging his arm. She likes this side of him. The attentive side. She knows he has it in him, she's seen it in him plenty of times. But at this level, it's nice. Bucky glances down at her and kisses her head, breathing her in. She always smells so good. He releases her and turns to walk back before he drops onto the couch, he lets out a breath, Sydney smiles softly at him, he peers up at her and smirks patting his knee, she chuckles and then sobers slightly. "What?" he asks noting her shifting expression.

"I know what you said before I left" she comments. "But...you know we don't have to do anything" she adds as she sits in his lap, his arm wrapping around her. "There's no rush"

"I feel like I've waited long enough for you" he admits as she slides off his lap to his side, her legs remain slung over his knee. He sets a hand on her knee and squeezes softly. "And I went to all this effort" he teases as he looks around the room, she chuckles and nods.

"You did" she agrees.

"Unless...you don't...want to" he adds, she leans closer to him.

"I do want to" She assures him. "I really, really like you" she brushes her fingers over his arm. She searches his eyes before nodding. She pulls herself back into his lap, lips moving against one another. He places his hand on her waist and clutches to the fabric of her dress.

"Are you sure?" he asks her, his self-consciousness creeping back in.

"Yeah" she assures him, he nods a little, his flesh hand sliding his hand along her thigh, her breath hitches slightly and she shoots him a look, he smirks at her and brushes his hand higher. Feeling the warmth of her flesh beneath. How long has it been since he touched a woman like this? He doesn't even remember. She nudges his nose and then pulls back a little. She keeps her eyes with his as her fingers pull up his shirt, he helps her take it off. Her eyes find his arm. She assumed this would look as most other prosthetics do, the little stump sort of thing, but this is fused to his body. She raises her hand, presses her fingers to the raised flesh.

"James" she states sadly, he closes his eyes and turns his head away from her. "Does it hurt?" She asks him.

"Some times" he answers quietly. "Usually on a morning"

"Does it hurt when I touch it?" he lifts his eyes to her and shakes his head.

"No" he assures her. "It's okay" he adds with a small smile, his flesh hand reaching up to brush her hair back from her neck. She taps his shoulder scars.

"Is this part of the whole....thing you want to tell me about one day?" he nods. She hums a little and draws her hand around his neck, fingers threading through his hair. "One day" she repeats and he glances at her.

"One day" he agrees. "Just...not today" she pulls him closer and kisses him. He hums happily against her lips. He's a little more sure of himself now. She's seen the arm. The shoulder. And yet, she is still here. He feels a little better, a little stronger about himself. About what they have. If she can look at his arm and not run away screaming, he knows she is something special. More so than before. His arm wraps around her back and he lays her down flat on the couch, he leans over her, metal fingers brushing softly over her cheek as she stares up at him. He likes touching her with his metal hand, it shows him that it isn't just a force for destruction, that he can use it and be gentle. He can use it for love. For affection. For something softer. She bites her lip and reaches for his belt, but he grabs her wrist and stops her, she raises an eyebrow as he sets her hand beside her head. "No rush" he repeats her words from before. "This...." he stops and takes a breath as he releases her hand. "You are special to me, so I am going to take my time" He grabs the bottom of her dress and eases it up her body and over her head. He stares down at her, because he wasn't expecting the scars on her. He knows she has the one on her leg, he just kind of assumed that was it. But she's littered in them. His fingers trace some form of claw mark on her ribs. There are loads of smaller marks and scars but this is the worst after her leg.

"We both have our secrets" she whispers, he searches her eyes. He can't fault her on keeping her secrets when he does the same thing. They both came to Bucharest to escape from something, and both keep those reasons close to their chests. He nods a little. He takes a breath and leans closer to her, brushes his lips over hers. Letting her know it's okay for her to keep hers. They'll both tell when they feel ready, and not before.

A/N - I WILL EVENTUALLY DO THE SMUT THAT COMES NEXT, BUT I AM GOING TO CONTINUE THIS STORY WITHOUT IT, FOR NOW. 

I WILL POST THE LINK WHEN I GET IT WRITTEN, BUT BECAUSE IT TAKES ME LONGER TO WRITE SMUT I WOULD RATHER JUST CARRY ON WITHOUT SO YOU GET CONTENT. 

I WILL PUT IT IN A SEPERATE BOOK ON AO3 SO I DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE THE RATING ON THAT STORY EITHER. 

I HAVE A FEW IDEAS FOR WHAT IS TO COME FOR SYD. BUT I AM NOT SURE, 100%, HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT, OR HOW YOU GUYS WILL FEEL ABOUT IT SO I AM GOING TO POST A CHAPTER WITH THE IDEA TO SEE WHAT YOU THINK. YOU CAN ALSO OFFER IDEAS, I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO HOW YOU THINK A CHARACTER WILL PLAY IN PLOTS AND STUFF.