Chapter Fifty-Four

Outside of an abandoned warehouse, the Impala and Bucky's bike are parked in the shadows. Bucky and Sydney are nowhere to be seen but Natasha, Sam, and Dean are in the Impala with Christoph waiting for Bucky and Sydney's return. Letting their enhanced individuals scout out is a smart move. They might see something that ordinary humans might miss. It only takes a few moments before Bucky reappears. He raises his hand to show that they are finished. Sydney pulls her hair up to tie it back as she joins him. Inside the car, Dean opens up the driver's door and climbs out, followed by Sam on the other side. Natasha rummages in her pocket before she reaches over to stop Christoph to get out, she then handcuffs him to the doorhandle of the car. He glances at his hand and then at the redhead.

"Hey, what – what are you doing?" He asks, tugging on the handcuff. "Wait, you're just gonna leave me here with her?" He turns pleading eyes on Sam and Dean.

"Yeah, pretty much" Sam answers and Dean closes the door once Natasha is out of the way.

"What? Hey! Hey!" Christoph yells, tugging on the cuffs. The three of them then approach Sydney and Bucky who are smiling at one another, talking softly about what's going on. Despite this clearly being a bad thing, they are happy to be around one another again.

"What did you find?" Sam asks them.

"Two outside" Bucky answers, turning to face him.

"Six inside" Sydney offers, her head tilted as she listens. "Plus Ellie"

"You can tell the difference?" Natasha inquires, Sydney hums and nods.

"She's scared...that helps pick her out" She explains a little and then turns to her brothers with a raised eyebrow. Dean opens the trunk of the Impala to pick out weaponry.

"Great" Sam states and then takes a breath. There are five of them, including a super soldier, a vampire, and a highly trained assassin, they shouldn't have trouble here. Dean reaches into the trunk.

"Ooh" Dean grabs the grenade launcher and Sam smacks at his hand.

"No" He scolds. Dean looks upset at the prospect of not being able to use it. It is one of the newer weapons in their arsenal and he has been dying to use it on something.

"Why?"

"Dean, we need to be stealthy, do this quickly and quietly" Sydney explains. Dean turns pleading eyes on her and she shakes her head.

"Dean?" Sam tries. "Dean. We'll get a chance. It's okay" Dean sighs heavily as he puts it back and grabs his handgun from the trunk. Natasha watches the three of them amused. This is not a normal sibling argument but it is funny to her because it is an Avenger-type argument. She's had this fight with Clint on numerous occasions regarding explosive arrows.

"Let's go kill some Nazis" Dean comments.

"That's the whole plan? Just kill some Nazis?" Natasha asks him, giving them a look. Dean goes to argue but Sam is quick to talk first.

"What do you suggest?" He counters. Natasha glances at Bucky and Sydney. They are their fastest and strongest players, and they should use them. Dean pulls a face and rolls his eyes. He's not used to taking orders. Not when it is just him and Sam, and even with Sydney. Natasha lets out a breath and then nods.

"We can draw them all into one room" Natasha offers. "Then Bucky and Sydney can incapacitate them in one swoop....."

"You want us to be bait?" Dean asks, Natasha nods.

"If they are focused on us then the two of them can find another way in, just in case....then we meet in the middle"

"It could work" Sydney agrees. Sam looks at Dean who clenches his jaw before nodding. Agreeing to it.

"See you inside" Sam tells Sydney who nods back at him before he leaves with Dean and Natasha. Heading inside. Bucky checks his gun and then motions with it.

"I saw a side entrance round the left back" He informs her.

"After you" She adds and follows after him.

........

It doesn't take long for Natasha, Sam and Dean to be 'captured' during their infiltration of the warehouse. Three Thule guards lead them forward through the last few feet and into the main central room. As they are pushed into the room, they find that Nauhaus, Hans, and a number of Thule guards have all congregated in this one room, just as Natasha predicted. The three guards holding Sam, Dean, and Natasha push them forward into the centre of the room and before Nauhaus.

"Well, if it isn't Father of the Year" Dean comments to Nauhaus only to earn a slap across the face from Hans.

"Address den Fuhrer with respect."

"Fuhrer? Hitler?" Sam asks.

"Hitler" Dean complains and sighs a little. This implies that they are too late to stop the ritual. That the Thule have been successful in bringing back Hitler.

"Sam und Dean Winchester. You must be important. He feared you" Nauhaus points to his head. "Still up here" He then laughs.

"A nice new meat suit. It come with two testicles this time?" Dean asks.

"One of many upgrades I'm enjoying. Like this! It's like having a tiny Goebbels in my pocket!" 'Hitler' pulls out a cellphone and smirks. "I sold 10 million copies of "Mein Kampf." What do you think I can do with Twitter?" He chuckles and then exhales sharply. "Where is my plane?!?!?!?!"

"Almost ready, Fuhrer" Hans answers him.

"Good"

"What shall we do with them?" Hans asks, nodding towards the three individuals that they have held captive.

"Take them with us" Hitler answers. "I shall very much enjoy introducing them to my new dogs" Sydney suddenly vamp-speeds up behind Hitler and snaps his neck before dropping him to the floor.

"Heil that" She comments. Bucky is quick behind her, and raises his gun to take out Hans. Natasha, Sam and Dean dive into action and take out the Thule guards who move to react to what is happening. Almost in the blink of an eye, the room is cleared. She lets out a breath, blood splattered over her clothing. then looks at her brothers who stare at her. Bucky lets out a small huff of a laugh and lowers his gun.

"Syd" She looks at him. "...You just killed Hitler" She lets out a laugh and shakes her head.

"Wow" Bucky's eyes sadden a little.

"Steve would have loved that" He whispers and then lets out a long breath. Steve would love Sydney. Not just the Sydney that Bucky spent time with in Bucharest, but this Sydney too. The warrior. The hunter. The monster-killer. The one that kills Nazis. Plus she just stopped the return of one of the worst human monsters of the modern age. It is just a reminder that Steve isn't here right now. Sydney notes the change in his expression as soon as it starts to shift.

"James" She starts, he hums a little and then shakes his head. She's just done something amazing, he doesn't want to upset her because he's getting upset.

"Yeah" He whispers as he tucks his gun away. "Just..." Sydney looks down at the body and then sighs, seemingly realising that this has to do with Hitler and Hydra and the war. And that will probably hit him later. That even now, there is the threat of those people coming back, this has shown that they could be brought back.