Chapter Fifty

The young man that had taken Ellie, Christoph, lays on the ground unconscious as Sydney releases Ellie from the police car. The girl shaking and crying as she clutches to Sydney. Right now, between the unconscious monster on the ground and the monster that just saved her life, Ellie knows who she is going to lean on. Sydney looks down at Christoph. He's not dead or bleeding. She just knocked him out. They still need answers for what is going on. Who is behind all of this. What their plans are for Ellie. There is no point in saving her if there are going to be more coming for her. The Impala skids to a stop behind her and she looks across at the car as Bucky, Natasha, Sam, and Dean climb out. She's relieved actually, to see both Natasha and Bucky with them. She thought her brothers might have forced them to back off or gone off on their own leaving them behind. It was a real possibility considering Dean's current mood.

"Beefcake, grab the boy" Dean orders Bucky who rolls his eyes slightly but does as he is told, simply because of Sydney. He doesn't want to make things more difficult between her and her brothers, he can understand how far they've come, he knows how hard things were for her before when she was away from them and she missed them. Bucky hauls Christoph over his shoulder and then follows after the others as they head towards the staircase leading into the building above, the empty office complex.

......

Upstairs, in one of the empty rooms, Bucky drops Christoph into a chair which Dean handcuffs him to before stepping back and then he lays a slap across his face to wake him up. Sydney leans back against a desk ass Sam shrugs out of his jacket. Natasha lingers close by but far enough to kind of imply that she is not with them.

"So if you're not cops, then what are you?" Ellie asks as she looks around them all.

"There are things out there that shouldn't exist" Sam explains. "Bad things. We kill 'em. It's kind of our job"

"Yeah, so your safest place is with us right now" Dean adds as Christoph comes around, groaning slightly.

"Uh-huh. Safe from... Nazi zombies" Ellie argues and shakes her head.

"Necromancers" Sydney corrects her softly. Trying to approach her with a bit more kindness and understanding. The poor girl has got to be freaking out over this. It's normal for them, they see strange stuff everyday, but Ellie, this is all new for her. "They use blood magic to make themselves almost immortal"

"Almost?" Ellie counters.

"Well, you shoot 'em in the head, set 'em on fire, that usually does the trick" Dean answers and Sydney turns a look on him. They are being too forceful with her. Too militaristic.

"This is completely insane" Ellie argues, burying her head in her hands as she tries to wrap her mind around it all. Sydney steps closer to her, intending on comforting her, but Ellie steps back when she looks up.

"Ellie, you saw what they did to your friend" Sam states.

"Okay, but... why – why would they kill Nick? And why kidnap me?"

"Those are great questions" Dean moves towards Christoph. "What do you tools want with the watch? And what does it have to do with her?"

"You're gonna have to kill me" The kid argues, Dean lets out a breath, not really wanting to kill a kid in this situation.

"All right" Dean turns to Sydney and gives her a look. "Want to, uh..." He motions to his eyes and then points at Christoph. She sighs and steps closer to the kid. She crouches in front of him, staring him right in the eye.

"Well, first things first....what is your name?" She compels him, her pupil dilating and then contracting.

"Christoph" He answers and then pulls back, surprised. "What...?"