Chapter Four: Heatstroke

I DIDN'T POST YESTERDAY AND I'M SORRY.

Ddfghjfghjdfghj-

Also, when did this hit 100 reads?! I totally missed it!!! Eh, well, thank you all anyways!

Warnings are in the comments --->

WC: ~1500

Enjoy!

"W-wh-what?!" Xay sputtered, in complete disarray after seeing the thing in front of him. "That's not supposed to exist!!" Hels snickered.

"Oh, I've forgotten you've never seen one of these," Hels replied. "And it certainly is supposed to exist."

"But Nether Portals are just a fantasy!" Xay shrieked. "And that is a Nether Portal!"

"And you can access the Nether with it," Hels explained with a small, amused sigh.

"I read fantasy books about these!" Xay yelped. "About wither skeletons and blazes and pigmen having wars!! About people who access the portals and ride on striders!! None of that is real!" Hels looked Xay up and down, then smirked again.

"Cute," he remarked.

"DID YOU JUST-"

"Nether Portals are in fact real," Hels cut him off. "As you can tell. And going through them will take you to the Nether."

"No scud, Sherlock," Xay grumbled. "Tell me something I don't know."

"End portals also exist,"

Silence.

"You're speechless," Hels pointed out. "So I assume I succeeded."

"Oh, shush you,"

Xay stared at the portal, still unable to believe his eyes. It really was real, in all its purple swirling glory.

He was standing in front of a fantasy.

"Do we go through?" Xay asked, approaching the Nether Portal. He cautiously put a hand though, then quickly retracted it at the sudden warmth.

"Yes," Hels replied. "But be careful. Everyone has a different reaction to being dumped in the Nether."

Xay nodded, then after a moment of hesitation, stepped through.

It was the same feeling he got when he stepped into fire.

Overwhelming heat, but also oddly calming at the same time.

When he stepped out, however, on the other side,

The reaction was instant.

Pull.

That was the best word Xay could use to describe what he was feeling.

It was a pull, a yank in a thousand different directions.

A shriek escaped his lips as a migraine blistered up.

It wasn't until he looked around that he realized what was going on.

Is my magic being pulled...

TOWARDS EVERY FIRE SOURCE?!

Xay pressed his hands to his head, his eyes squeezed shut. Sudden pain exploded inside of him like fireworks, and Xay felt himself crash to the ground. A whoosh behind him signalled Hels's arrival.

"Woah, Xay, what happened?" Hels asked, a new tone of worry in his voice.

"F-fire," Xay managed. "I c-can't-"