Chapter Five: Magic

This chapter has a soft vibe... I don't hate it! :D

Warnings are in the comments!

WC: ~1300

Enjoy!

"The- you're all- hi- what?!" Xay stammered.

"Well, I did say I was the one who took "The Missing", right?" Hels pointed out.

Oh yeah.

Why didn't I put that together?

Thanks, brain, always there for me when I don't need to look like a total idiot.

"Oh, you got another one?" the one with the cyborg eye asked. "Nice! Hallo, I'm Iskall."

"Erm... hi?" Xay replied, still confused.

"That's Grian," Iskall continued, pointing to the red-sweatered boy. "And he's Impulse."

"Why is he here?" Impulse asked Hels.

"Fire," Hels explained.

"Uh... what do you mean 'fire'?" Xay asked. Grian smiled.

"Impulse, light it up!" he called out cheerfully. Impulse blinked in confusion.

"We've literally never said that before, what do you mean?" His question earned a sigh from Grian and Iskall.

"Act professional!" Iskall waved his hands around expressively. "Like we actually know what we're doing!!" Impulse sighed, then pressed his hands together, his eyes closed. Both his hands were open, and if he had bowed his head, then he would've looked like one of the people on TV.

And then he started to pull his hands apart.

A bolt of what looked like lightning connected them.

Xay watched wide-eyed as the boy in front of him generated electricity.

Impulse's eyes opened, narrowed in concentration. His yellow eyes seemed to glow, and the lightning flickered and flashed as he pulled his hands further and further apart, gradually getting bigger and bigger.

"That's his record," Grian said softly. "Electricity is the hardest power out of all of ours, as it literally steals your energy." Iskall pressed his lips together, before placing a hand on Impulse's shoulder. The electricity seemed to turn off, like a light switch, and Impulse's arms fell to his sides. His glowing yellow eyes dimmed, and he exhaled before smiling at Iskall.

"I could've gone longer," Impulse pointed out.

"We don't want you to pass out again," Iskall argued.

"Pass out?" Xay yelped at the same time Hels said "Again?".

"Wonderful, Iskall," Grian grumbled playfully. "You've given us away."

"You three have some explaining to do," Hels snarled.

"I passed out," Impulse offered unhelpfully. "Because I used too much magic. Blame Grian."

"ME?!" Grian shouted indignantly. "It was Iskall that challenged you to try to hit me in my bird form!"

"That was only because I've done it before, and Impulse said that his electricity was better than my ice!!" Iskall defended.

"I didn't say that!!" Impulse shrieked. "I said that no one liked ice, and that electricity was actually helpful!"

"THAT'S THE SAME THING!!!"