Chapter Twelve: Belief

I literally woke up like five minutes ago and I can't think of anything to say here, so uh-

Warnings ---->

WC: ~1000

Enjoy!

Xisuma was in shock.

Complete and utter disarray.

He didn't really know what to expect when he brought Xay in.

He thought that they'd give him a shot or something.

He thought that they would prescribe some sort of medication.

He thought that they'd handle the situation calmly.

Apparently, expecting a humane treatment was too much to ask for.

When he saw the literal penguin enclosure Xay was kept in, he knew he messed up.

It's a GLASS ROOM.

An EMPTY GLASS ROOM.

That's BELOW FREEZING.

Xisuma was furious.

And disappointed.

But mostly furious.

Everything about the situation was horrible.

And it was his fault.

But things had only gotten worse from there.

When the lights went out, and then a league of empowered superheroes had burst through the door.

Xisuma hid in a spare room, scared out of his mind.

A headache flashed in his head as the lights flickered on and off, and it only worsened by the second.

BANG!

Xisuma peeked out of the room at the thunderclap-like-sound, wincing as his migraine spiked.

And his jaw dropped when he saw that almost all of them were gone.

Including Xay.

Xisuma scrubbed tears out of his eyes, hating himself with every fiber of his being.

I'm a naive idiot, Xisuma scolded himself. If I had just trusted Xay...

He would be here.

And he wouldn't have vanished into thin air.

What even happened back there?

Xisuma was terrified, to put it bluntly.

And when a man came up to him around fifteen minutes later and said that the boy who had remained in the building wanted to see him, he only got more scared.

"Hello!" the boy who Xisuma only knew as 'Missing' greeted him. He had glowing yellow eyes, messy brown hair, and his black tee-shirt was slightly rumpled. "My name is Impulse."

"X-Xisuma," he mumbled. "I would shake your hand, but..."

I can't, because your hands are tied back.

"That's fine," Impulse said with a laugh. There was something hidden in his smile, something... almost mischievous.

He's planning something.

But what?

And what does it have to do with me?!

"I've heard your name before," Impulse murmured. "Xay's mentioned you, I believe."