Chapter Eighteen: Again

THIIIIIISSSSSSSS TOOOOK FOREVERRRR

fvgbhnjkml

Warnings --->

WC: ~1100

Enjoy!

"I don't understand," Impulse murmured after a couple of moments of silence. "How- OH. OHHHH!"

Iskall grinned at him. "Now you got it."

"Guys, check this out!!" Hels called out when he dropped into the headquarters from a trip to another branch. Iskall and Impulse glanced up to see him holding... a pot?

The cauldron-type-thing had purple markings on it and an indent on the side. Impulse had no clue what it could possibly be, but it certainly looked cool.

"This," Hels breathed. "Is a Respawn Anchor."

"A what?" Iskall laughed. Hels put it on the ground and pulled something out of a little pouch that he had put inside the caul- Respawn Anchor.

"This is glowstone," Hels continued. The stone he was holding was small, the same size as Impulse's fingertip. It was yellow and emitted a soft glow. "It's very rare, so we only have a little." Hels knelt down and pushed the glowstone into the slot on the Anchor. The Anchor lit up and made a sound, startling Impulse a bit. It also seemed to... fill up. With the same substance that was in Nether Portals.

Hels dipped a hand in the Anchor, and it made another sound. He then took Iskall's hand and dipped it in, another sound was made. Finally, he took Impulse's hand and dipped it in. It was warm and felt like a Nether Portal.

"Now," Hels explained. "If any of us die, we'll respawn. Come back to life. It's one extra life, shared between the three of us."

"That's impossible," Impulse pointed out.

"So is generating electricity from nothing," Hels smirked. "And using the smallest amounts of coldness to make ice. And pulling heat to oneself to get fire."

"Okay, fair," Impulse sighed. "So... if I jumped off the ledge and fell into the lava, I'd... come back to life?"

"Respawn," Hels corrected. "I'm not sure how it really works, but it is functional. Don't test it though, we don't have enough glowstone to play around with it. This is an emergencies-only thing. Got it?"

Impulse and Iskall nodded, clearly excited by the idea of respawning.

The Respawn Anchor stayed in the corner of the main room, only revisited when Grian came, but mainly forgotten and unused.

Until now.

"Iskall..." Xay's voice was soft. "I'm sorry, but-"

"No, no!" Impulse cried, a smile creeping across his face. "Hels is actually alive!!"

"Grian, do you remember the Respawn Anchor?" Iskall asked.

"The what-" Xay said.

"OH!" Grian squeaked at the same time. "You're right, he is alive!!"

"I'm lost," Xisuma mumbled. Xay nodded his agreement.

"We'll explain on the way there," Impulse said with another smile.

This has been quite the emotional rollercoaster-

Let's hope this happy high lasts.