Chapter Six: Run

Dear lORD THIS TOOK FOREVER.

I'M SORRY I HAD NO MOTIVATION UNTIL TODAY.

Warnings are in the comments.

WC: ~1500

Enjoy!

Xay was determined to escape.

Everything about "The Missing": the way they worked, the way that they stole people, the way that they were a whole organization, it was just wrong.

Downright wrong.

He was able to survive in the real world as a magic freak for years, why would that change now?

He didn't need to be stuffed away in the Nether where no one could find him.

And he certainly didn't need to be killed off-

Xay glanced at Impulse, Grian, and Iskall's forced smiles. They had hastily suggested that they go out and see the Warped Forests. They laughed nervously and joked about the trees, but Xay could tell that they were just trying to lighten the mood.

Frankly, he wasn't sure why what he had said was so wrong.

He was pretty sure asking them wasn't a good idea.

"You can climb up these vines," Iskall's voice snapped Xay out of his thoughts. "The 'warped vines'."

"Really?" Xay asked, staring up at the twisted blue plants. Iskall shrugged and gestured to the plant with a 'have at it' motion. Xay glanced around uncertaintly, then shook off his mild fear and started climbing.

One foot after another, Xay slowly made his way up the vine, which was surprisingly stable. Higher and higher he climbed, fueled by curiosity and an unreasonable, unexplainable, unneeded determination.

"Woah," Xay breathed, holding on in a way that allowed him to look out on the Nether. He extended a hand out, reaching out solely for the sake of the feeling.

"That's pretty good!" Impulse called from the base. Xay grinned. Impulse, Grian, and Iskall were like little specks, seemingly able to be swept away with just a flick of his wrist.

"XAY LOOK OUT!!!"

The scream was sudden and panicked.

Looking down, he saw a...

Bolt of electricity.

Zipping up towards him faster than he could comprehend.

"JUMP!"

Xay instinctively obeyed the command.

And he was falling.

Wind rushed by, the sound drowning out the screams.

He was only able to register one thing.

"GRIAN STOP! HE'S IMMUNE!!"

Xay plunged into the lava.

Swimming up and gasping for air, he was able to climb onto a netherrack island.

Only to see Grian dive into the lava right after him.

"GRIAN!!"

Silence.

"He- he was trying to save you-" Impulse stammered from up above. Xay closed the fist of the hand he had extended out to Grian, horrified.

And then Grian shot out of the lava.

"WHAT?!" Iskall shouted as Grian hovered mid-air.

"DOES ANYONE WANT TO EXPLAIN WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!"