Chapter 41

"Feels like fucking group therapy."
Jane mumbles unhappily as she grumpily sits down in the circle as well.

"Aro, what is the meaning of this?"
Caius complains as well.

They've just come back from an unneeded and incredibly long treasure hunt and are an inch away from ripping Aro apart for organizing this and having them play his stupid little games and now he wants to play "Who am I?" with characters out of the Volturi. Like... how close is he to dying? Yes.

"We have to get to know each other better again, brother mine. We shall get a closer look at each other and find together as a family once more."
Aro shrugs with a happy tone in his overly sweet voice.

"With kids games?"
Kyra asks him.

She isn't exactly in the best of moods. For the treasure hunt, they had to go diving in a puddle of mood and since neither one of them was open to do it, nothing too surprising, they played a game of rock, papers, scissors and... Kyra lost. And seeing as Aro didn't find it necessary to let her take a shower, she simply washed most of it off before changing clothes. She still feels rather dirty.

"What else?"
Aro shrugs it off light-heartedly.

"Felix, you start."
he adds with a pointed look at the tall guy sitting next to the ginger.

"..."
Felix keeps silence. Like... what the hell is he supposed to ask.

"Just ask about your gender, you dipshit."
Caius tells him.

"Am I male?"
Felix rolls his eyes as the words leave his mouth.

His eyes are looking at Demetri, who just shakes his head no. He isn't. Glancing over to Jane, who is on his right, she sighs but repeats his question making him shake his head as well.

"Am I male?"
Alec asks; Jane agrees and his eyes widen slightly. Shit. Now he has to think of another question.

"Alright, splendid. Ugh, am I... tall?"
he stutters around.

"I guess."
Jane shrugs.

"Oh, this is getting excited."
Aro comments, much to Caius's annoyance as he shoots him a glare.

"Okay, I think I am getting a hang of this."
Alec mumbles to himself.

"Am I... Do I have a gift?"
he questions.

"Yes."
Jane nods.

"Do I like myself?"
her twin frowns. This sounds strange. And wrong. So actually say it like that?

"You do."
Jane agrees once again.

"Great. Am I mateless?"
Alec asks, frowning as Jane says no.

"Is it my turn now?"
Marcus asks as Aro stares at him expectantly.

"You're getting slower with age."
Caius throws in, the undertone of annoyance ringing by in words.

"Female?"
Marcus simply ignores him; not even bothering to form a whole question.

"Yes."
Alec replies.

"Lower guard?"
the master continues, trying to find the easiest way to differentiate the women in the Volturi.

"No."
Alec waves him off easily.

Next it's Didyme's turn, who finds out she is a woman by asking if she is a man.

"Am I interested in sports?"
Aro decides to be extra.

"No."
his sister chuckles. That's quite an absurd thought.

"Am I a man?"
Caius sighs as he realises it's his turn.

"Yes."
Aro nods with sparkling eyes.

"Do I have my respect?"
the blonde king questions.

Aro thinks for a second before he eventually nods. There are few selected people, who have the honour to say they have earned Caius's respect.

"Am I a part of this senseless game?"
Caius raises a brow as Aro says no. Caius knows exactly who he is now. Santiago.

"Am I present?"
it is Kyra's turn now.

"Yes."
Caius replies boredly. He really hopes he can leave once it is his turn again. But he doubts it.

"Am I a girl?"
she questions.

"You are."
the blonde kings nods once again. Four options. Jane, Valentina, Didyme and herself.

"Have I been with the Volturi longer than a century?"
Kyra asks and he shakes his head no.

"Give me a hint, baby?"
Demetri pouts, earning himself a glare. Kyra still can't believe he won that stupid race. Only because he had Felix push her over just a second before she would have won.

"No."
she shrugs.

"Felix."
she smirks.

"Let him ask his question, Kyra."
Aro glares at her before his eyes fly to Edward and Valentina, who finally join them as well a little away from the group.

Edward has been banned from playing this game and Valentina eventually agreed to play their own game of twenty questions after a lot of bugging on his term. She still isn't his biggest fan but tried to warm up once he stayed behind when the Cullens left back to Forks to help Charlie with the funeral and to look how he is holding up.

"Am I a member of the upper guard?"
Demetri asks.

"You are."
Kyra shrugs.

"Am I female?"

"Am I friends with you?"

"Am I a part of your killer group chat?"
Demetri keeps on going; pointing out the group chat that is infact names "Killer Ladies".

"You are."
Kyra nods once again.

"Am I Jane?"
he asks, seeing her eyes roll as she shakes her head no. leaves Chelsea, Didyme, Sulpicia, Renata and Heidi.

That goes on for another few rounds, as predicted Caius was Santiago, Demetri ended up as Chelsea, Alec as Afton, Jane as Sulpicia, Felix as Heidi, Marcus as Valentina, Didyme as herself, Aro as Kyra, which took him quite long and Kyra herself ended up being Jane.

"Oh, thank god. Can we go now?"
Caius asks with a huff as he brushes the dust off his coat.

"Yes."
Aro agrees.

"But."
he disturbs their happy their relief.

"We will meet up tomorrow morning to play another game. I read on the internet about this thing called truth and dare. And I had Heidi Gianna order something names cards against humanity."
Aro informs them; their eyes widening at him.

He... he wants to play truth or dare? Oh well... this is gonna be fun, right?