Chapter 7

During their hike, Demetri makes sure to stay slightly behind Kyra, so he could catch her, if she were about to trip. His body is tense and his eyes switch between making sure his Mate is alright and making sure their surrounding is safe. He doesn't have time to notice or adore the beautiful view, which seems to be Kyra's main focus, making her trip quite a few time. It's one of the reasons she hates hiking; she's a person who gets distracted way to easy. Like right now, instead of walking, she just stops to look at the river beneath them, which leads to Demetri nearly running into her.

"It's beautiful."
Kyra comments while she leans herself against Demetri's chest. His arms wrap themselves around her waist and his hands rest on her belly and hip while he sets his chin on her shoulder, nuzzling his nose into her smell. They don't walk fast and they make breaks like this very often, which leads to her barely sweating. Thankfully.

"It is."
Demetri means while admiring the sun's display on the ginger's exposed skin.

"You're not even looking."
the human girl complains laughing as she notices his eyes fixed on her.

"I don't need to. It's beauty would be nothing compared to yours."
the Volturi guard tells her making Kyra look away, blushing like a mad woman. It doesn't stay that way, though. Barely a second later, her eyes find Demetri's once again and she takes a moment to adore his purple-blue eyes. She prefers his red ones, but due to the possibility to run into humans, he has to wear them. Her thumb wipes away a drop of dried blood, that hid itself in the corner of his mouth.

Demetri, his eyes never leaving Kyra's, bites his lips to stop himself from doing something stupid. Well, not stupid. He just never waned to kiss his Mate as much as he wants right now. The feeling is intense and the tension in the air thickens by the second.

Kyra's green eyes fly to his lips for a second and before she is able to overthink the situation, she turns in his arms completely; her front facing his. Her fingers trail over his slightly glittering skin, barely noticeable for humans, due to a new guard member, that has the ability of "humans", as Caius likes to call it.

The new member, Valentina, is a seventy years old vampire girl, whose beauty could match Rosalie's. Not necessarily due to her outside beauty but most definitely with her inside beauty. Anyway, Valentina gut the ability, that allows her to walk in the sun without glittering, her eyes to change colour to her human ones and it goes as far as to let her heart pump blood through her body. As Aro was informed about their planned trip to Norway, he asked her to fly there instead of home, since she was on a mission in island. Now, she is sitting down at the river, "borrowing" Demetri her abilities. It's not as strong as her own, but it does its job.

Demetri slowly releases his lip again and pulls Kyra a tad closer to him, completely head over heels with her and the feeling of having her in his arms; safe and protected.

Kyra wraps an arm around him, letting the rest in the crouch of his neck while the other one lays on his right side. her eyes flies to his lips once again before she leans up to him, standing on her toes in the process, and presses her slightly dry lips to his cold, soft ones.
Demetri replies the kiss immediately while pulling her even closer to him. His hands grip onto her hips tightly, though not tight enough to hurt you. Just tight enough to show her, that she's his; and his only.

Their eyes are closed as their lips move against each other's in a soft, innocent way.

Demetri feels like he's in heaven. It's like all his wishes finally came true; like he could do anything with just the touch of her lips.
And Kyra? Kyra felt never so at ease like in this moment. It's like his lips are her home; like his arms are what keeps her alive.