Chapter 22

Walking through the Halls, Kyra sighs to herself. The unnerving feelings haven't gone better over the last week and her control isn't the best either. Demetri started to train her with the help of Alec but it just didn't work. Right now, she is on her way to one of those trainings and to be honest there are a million things she'd rather do.

Being teared apart, being burned to the ground, being human again...

Knocking on the room, she enter shortly after; her breathing stopping as soon as she smells the faint drops of blood in the glass of water.

"Kyra."
Demetri calls her but she doesn't acknowledge him, her attention fixed on the glass like her life depends on it.

"Kyra."
he tries again as he carefully approaches her; one hand laying on her shoulder as the other one shuts the door.

"Darling."
a soft feminine voice gains her attention making her head snap in the direction of the woman; frowning as she recognizes Didyme.

"It's okay, Darling. Breathe."
the older and dead woman instructs gently as the ghost like figure moves closer to the ginger girl, who follows the order carefully.

Alec and Demetri share a look as the newborn as shut everything around her out; her concentration trained on a thing they can't make out. But it seems to be important to her in one way or another.

Kyra's body tenses as she smells in the scent of blood once again but Didyme gains her attention with a tender smile.
Reaching forward, Didyme lays a hand on Kyra's arm, the newborn flinching away from the... touch.

Holding her hand up, Kyra's grabs a shocked Didyme's hand in hers interlacing their finger with a smiles. The touch isn't strong but it's certainly noticeable.

"I can feel you."
the supposedly dead woman means in shock but a smile soon crosses her beautiful, soft features as she lays her free hand on the ginger's cheek, stroking her skin softly.

Demetri's eyes widen as he watches the silhouettes of a familiar and yet unfamiliar woman appear. Glancing over to Alec, he frowns seeing the younger vampire ready to fight; so, he isn't hallucinating, good.
Holding a hand up, he signals Alec to stop as both of them keep watching their friends interact with... something or someone?

"Oh my god."
the ginger whispers as she lays her left hand on the hand of her cheek.

What neither of them notices is the strength Kyra is using at this moment; the newborn unbeknownst projecting her power at Didyme.

Demetri walks over to his soulmate as he goes to lay a hand on her shoulder but is stopped by some kind of invisible barrier. What is this?

"I'll fetch Master Aro."
Alec comments before speeding out of the room; coming back with the black-haired king a moment later.

"What is going on?"
Aro demands to know as his eyes are fixed on the newborn and the spirit like person in front of her.

He'd recognize her everywhere, her roundish face, the black waves, this generous smile and the area surrounding her. It'd be the things, he'd dream about if he were able to, the things that would hunt him to desperation knowing he'll never experience or see them again other than in people's memories... or so he thought.

"We don't know. She was fixed on the blood and then suddenly, she was like this."
Alec replies as Demetri tries to reach out for his Mate again. He's fucking worried about her.

Meanwhile Didyme and Kyra are still in their little bubble of ignorance and imagination; none of them aware of the three men watching them curiously, worried and a bit afraid.