8.

The next day, Lakshya went to meet Ragini. He had gone to measure her out, find out more about her. But, Ragini was her usual shy self which Lakshya did not think would suit him. When he was leaving he met Kavya at his car.

"Kavya! I must thank you, ah. Main toh chahata tha ki koi toh mujhe expose kare, par apsos, Ragini ke dadaji for bhi humari sagai keliye maan gaye."

"Aagar tumhe ye shaadi nahi karni toh sagai kyun kiya? Bekar main Ragini ko umeed kyun de rahe ho?"

"Mujhe bhi koi maze nahi araha aur tumhe kya lagta hai, main yeh sab jan bujh ke kar raha hun! Woh kya hai na mere papa ka farman hai ki ya toh Ragini se shaadi karo ya fir ghar se nikal denge, aur main koi film ka hero toh hun nahi ki herogiri dikhake ghar chod dun. Ab kya kare, vidhi ka vidhan hai par main phele se hin bata raha hun ki Ragini mere saath kabhi khush nahi rahegi. Woh bahut achi hai par mere liye kuch zyada hin achi hai." Saying so, he bid Kavya adieu and went away. Kavya was watching him go when Shekhar called her from the back. She turned around and went to him.

"Uncle woh Lakshya-"Kavya started.

"Maine sab sun liya hai. Hume jald se jald usska sach sabke samne lana hoga. Maine kuch socha hai." and Shekhar told her his plan.

"Thik hai uncle, main abhi usska picha karna suru karti hun."

"Nahi nahi, tum kaise? Aagar tumhe kisine pehchan liya toh? Hume kisi aur ko bhejna hoga."

"Uncle aap chinta mat kariye, main sab sambhal lungi," Kavya assured Shekhar and went behind Lakshya. She found that Lakshya had spent the day with a girl, so she took photos and videos of them as proof. She gave all the proofs to Shekhar in the evening as Lakshya spent the whole day with that girl. Shekhar showed those videos to his parents and then they went to the Maheswaris. While Shekhar hoped to break the alliance but he was not sure if his parents would let it happen. Meanwhile, Parvati cooked up a storm in the badi. She accused the Boses of trying to destroy Ragini's happiness. She accused that Kavya was after Lakshya like Sharmistha was after Shekhar. Since the Boses was not home, she got more time to attract attention to her drama.

On the other side, Shekhar and Deendayal with the Maheswari men went in search of Lakshya. When they found him, he was at an engagement function. It was the same girl that was in the video but Lakshya was addressing her as his sister. When he turned around, he was shocked to see his and Ragini's families. When his father asked him about the girl, he told that she is his rakhi sister. He had taken her responsibilities about a year ago when her parents died in a car accident. After listening to his story, Durga Prasad was very proud of his son. He thought that Lakshya had a momentary error of judgment but at heart, he still had the values of the Maheswari family. They left Lakshya there and went back.

After they reached Maheswari's house, Durga Prasad said that now the alliance can only progress when Shekhar agrees to it wholeheartedly. When he asked about the person who had sent the video, Shekhar remained mum. The whole way back, Deendayal tried to get the name out of him but he remained mum. He knew if his parents got to know that it was Kavya, things would escalate quickly. Parvati was still at it when they returned home. The Boses were still not home so she kept smearing their name. The Bengalis paid no heed to her and the Marwaris took her side even if they did not believe her. It was her daily routine after all. Shekhar and Deendayal returned and Parvati went inside their house with them.

After them, the Boses also returned. They had gone grocery shopping but it got a little extended. After all, their son-in-law was coming to their house for the first time after his wedding. Although, Sanskar insist on not being formal still he was the son-in-law of the house and they had some responsibilities. Due to this all of them were in a happy mood. Today, in the afternoon, Swara and Sanskar's luggage also arrived. When they were about to enter the house, one of the Bengali ladies stopped her to talk about Parvati's latest accusation on them, so she stopped to listen to her while Kavya and Sharmistha went inside.