16.

Parvati was in a foul mood. Last night, Durga Prasad called them to threaten them further and today Sobha put her in a bad mood. Due to Durga Prasad's decision, they had become pariahs. They couldn't stand the Bangalis and the Marwaris won't allow them in. Furthermore, in anger, she had challenged Durga Prasad that she will get Ragini and Lakshya married. Although, her motive behind letting Lakshya stay with them was to give some time for Ragini and Lakshya to get to know each other. Specifically, for Lakshya to get to know Ragini. She was sure that if Lakshya just got to know Ragini, he would fall in love with her as had Ragini with him. Though, she thought it would take a bit longer, what with Kavya buzzing around him, now she had to get them married anyhow. Maybe she would have to act like supporting Shekhar and Sharmistha's marriage, she thought.

When Sobha and Swara entered their home, she was assaulted by Kavya's bear hug.

"Happy holi!" Kavya chirped.

"Happy holi to you too," Swara replied.

"Kya di aapne toh pehle se holi khelna shuru kar diya. Kya baat hai, jiju toh bade romantic hai. Pehle rang lagana and all, han. Yeh batao aapki shaadi se pehle kaise manage karte the. Kahi hamare ghar main koi ghuss jata tha aur hume pata hin nahin." Kavya teased Swara.

"Ya... Yaisa kuch nahin hai. Woh toh issiliye holi khel li kyunki... Kyunki... Kyunki unhe woh office dekhne jana tha aur hotel walon ne guests keliye bando bast kiya tha." Swara tried to shrug it off. As much as Swara was in love with Sanskar, she was that much uncomfortable when other people remarked that. A habit she picked up when they were dating. Sanskar was also much the same. Though recently, he had become more comfortable about discussions about their relationship than Swara.

"Aapni behan ko chidhana band karo." Sharmistha scolded her.

"Han thik hai, ab toh aapki favorite beti agayi hai, hume kon puchta hai ab," Kavya said dramatically. "Chalo di mujhe aapse kissiko milana hai." Kavya said and dragged her outside to introduce her to her new friends.

In Gadodia's house, Lakshya and Ragini tried to convince Parvati to play holi.

"Dadi maa, chaliye na. Aaj toh holi hai, aaj koi kuch na bolega." Ragini said trying to convince her to go out.

"Na Laado, maahre se aur apmaan na saha jaiyega. Tum log jao khelo." Parvati replied.

"Dadi, yaise kaise, aapko kal kya samjhaya that mera matlab bataya tha. Apne dushmanon kon doston se zyada karib rakhna chahiye aur waise bhi, aaj unka ghar dekhne koi aane wala hai. Ap yeh mauka haat se kaise jane de sakti ho!" Lakshya chimed in. This piqued Parvati's interest. She could not have that. Sobha and her family could leave the baadi and live a peaceful life while their lives were destroyed due to them and hence she agreed with Lakshya to go out and celebrate holi.

In the Angan, Swara was surrounded by her old friends who wanted to meet her and wanted to know all about her life. Kavya had left her with them and went to find her new friends so that she could introduce them to Swara. She finally found them coming out of the Gadodia house

"Itna time kya laga dia tum logon ne!" Kavya exclaimed.

"Arre, hum dadi ko mana rahe the holi khelne aane keliye. Tum itni jaldi kyun ho?" Lakshya said.

"Acha acha, thik hai, abhi mujhe kuch nahin sunna. Chalo tum dono, mujhe tum dono kon kissi se melwana hai." Kavya said, dismissing them before they could say anything. She grabbed Lakshya's hand and dragged her towards Swara, asking Ragini to follow. This irritated Ragini, although she knew that Kavya and Lakshya were friends and there didn't seem any future for her and Lakshya. She felt bad for feeling jealous of them. She had no right and no use of those feelings towards Lakshya. Composing herself and burying those feelings, she followed them towards the crowd that had formed in the angan.