10.

After Sharmistha went from the Gadodia's house, Parvati and Ragini also went to the door and were shocked to see Lakshya carrying an unconscious Kavya in. Parvati turned around and assured Ragini that she will get to the root cause of it and asked her not to worry. She won't let Kavya snatch Lakshya from her.

Ragini who had started imagining a life with Lakshya decided to defer to her dadi. After all, her grandparents have always protected her interest. Sometime later her dadaji also returned home. He was very frustrated with Shekhar as he couldn't reach him for half the day. When returned, Parvati recapped the day's events to him which angered him more. What really angered him was Shekhar was going against him and might as well have a child with Sharmistha. If this news ever got out it would have devastating consequences for Ragini. He was ready to have a go at him when he returned.

When he returned home, he was surprised by the situation in his living room.

"Kya hua Maa sab ese baithe hain?"Shekhar asked, to no one in particular.

"Ke na hua Shekhar woh puch. Tu je Sharmistha ke saath usski chori ko dundh raha tha. Tana aapni chori ka khayal na aaya. Uss din woh chori aur usski maa ke wajah se kitna tamasha hua phir jamai sa ka video. Maheshwari sahab ko pata chalega toh ke hoga Ragini ke rishte ka." Deendayal said angrily.

"Pitaji, Kavya kidnap ho gayi thi aur woh log kitne pareshan the. Main toh bas ek ache padosi hone ke nate unki madad kar raha tha." Shekhar said hiding the actual reason. Paravati had now had enough. She first went to close their front door as she wanted to ask him about Sharmistha's claim.

"Sach bata Shekhar, kis wajah se unki madad karne gaya tha? Aaj baa bangalan ki chori Sharmistha maahre ghar main ghus gayi aur anap shanap dabe karke chali gayi. Woh bol rahi thi ki woh Kavya thaari beti hai. Tu phele maane bata ye sab chal kya raha hai? Tu bin bulaye un bangalano ki madad ke liye dauda chala gaya. Udhar jamai sa bhi sab ke samne uss Kavya ko god main utha kar la rahe hai." Parvati ranted but Shekhar only picked up the last part that Lakshya brought Kavya home and he turned to leave.

"Shekhar tu kaha ja raha hai?"

"Maa, main bas Kavya ko dekhne ja raha tha."

"Kis rishte se? Kya woh bangalan sach bol rahi thi? Kya kavya thaari beti hai?"

"Han maa, aur sirf Kavya hin nahin Swara bhi humari hin beti hai."

"Kya? Shekhar tune yeh kya kiya hai? Ab pata chala uss Sharmistha ka talaq kyun hua tha. Tune toh kasar na choda." Parvati said while crying. She was shocked by this revelation but then she remembered that if this got out they would get ostracized in their community.

"Shekhar tu wahan nahi ja sakta. Aaj jo hua so hua par tu aage se wahan nahin ja sakta."

"Nahi Maa, main bahut din dur raha hun Sharmistha se aur aapni betion se. Ab aur nahi."

"Sharmistha ki betion ki chinta hai aur teri aapni beti ka kiya?"

"Woh dono bhi humari betiyan hai. Aapki wajah se Sharmistha ne itne saalon tak saha hai par humare pariwar par aanch nahi ane di." Shekhar said being frustrated with her. This angered Deendayal was silently listening to everything till then and slapped him.

Finally, Ragini also broke her silence and asked him that how can he say that Sharmistha never retaliated when she was the murderer of her mother. Shekhar was surprised as to why does she think that when her mother, Janki's death was an accident. He revealed to her the truth about her mother's death that she died when slipped from the stairs. Shekhar, Sharmistha, and Janki were talking on the terrace when Parvati saw them and become hysterical. Janki was trying to pacify her when the accident happened. Ragini was heartbroken at the revelation. Her dadi was her idol and she lied to her. She wanted to be alone, so she went to her room not waiting for anyone's explanation. She was very guilty of how she had treated Kavya when she was telling the truth all along.