ONE

CHAPTERONE

CHAPTER
ONE

MY VICE PRINCIPAL TRIES TO KIDNAP ME?

OKAY, I'M SURE you've already heard this from Percy but you are about to read is dangerous! If your reading this because you think you might be a half-blood, I'm begging you to close this book right now because they'll come for you.

If you're still reading this and you think you're a half-blood, then don't get mad at me if a monster appears at your doorstep.

I'm Maria di Angelo and, I turned fourteen a few months ago, I was also told I had dyslexia and ADHD a few months ago along with my siblings.

To be honest, I don't remember anything before that lawyer taking me out of some hotel. I don't even remember entering! Sometimes I remember my mother's face but it's vague.

Up until a few months ago, I was in this weird military academy with younger siblings, Bianca and Nico di Angelo.

The party was loud and annoying. I only came because of Nico, who wanted to eat some of the free chips. I was the oldest of the three, Nico being the youngest and Bianca the middle.

I was named after my mother who I somewhat remember the lawyer saying I looked like. I had dark-colored hair which was usually a bit curly with dark brown eyes. Nico says whenever I glare at someone it's terrifying, but if I'm being honest all of us di Angelo children have scary glares. Though I don't know where we get it from.

I peered over the party, lounging on the bleachers beside my siblings. The girls were huddled into groups, most likely looking for their next victim to ambush with makeup and kisses. On the other side of the room the boys, who were acting like complete doofuses. I side-eyed the food table.

"They don't have any good food here," I groaned, turning to Nico and Bianca. Nico sighed disappointedly, shuffling some of his mythomagic cards. "I can tell from here. They only have a bowl of chips, which is already empty, and punch which one of the boys mixed with his hands," I continued which made all of our faces scrunch up in disgust.

"You still owe me a game," Nico smirked before shuffling through his cards again.

Bianca looked at us with, what looked like, her most disapproving stare yet, "The last time you guys played a mythomagic game in public, Nico almost lost all of his cards and you guys almost went to jail for causing a public disturbance." She glanced around the room for about the fifth time this evening. What was she looking for?

I shook my head, dismissing the thought, and looked back up. "It's not my fault she cheated," Nico grumbled.

"You never said I couldn't hide cards in my bra when you explained the game!" I said, throwing up my hands in an exasperated way. Nico's face scrunched up again. "Don't say that word," Nico murmured looking at me grossed out.