TEN

CHAPTERTEN

CHAPTER
TEN

I SNEAK ONTO A DANGEROUS POTENTIALLY LIFE THREATENING QUEST... WITH PERCY!

      ZOË GRUNTED, "I WOULD PREFER TO TAKE ALL THE HUNTERS. We will need strength of numbers." 

"You'll be retracing the goddess's path," Chiron reminded her. "Moving quickly. No doubt Artemis tracked the scent of this rare monster, whatever it is, as she moved west. You will have to do the same. The prophecy was clear: The bane of Olympus shows the trail. What would your mistress say? 'Too many Hunters spoil the scent.' A small group is best." 

I didn't know whether or not if I should be worried that Zoë picked up a Ping-Pong paddle as if she was about to whack someone with it. She sighed, "This monster—the bane of Olympus. I have hunted at Lady Artemis's side for many years, yet I have no idea what this beast might be." 

Surprisingly, everybody got silent, I mean, when talking about a life-threatening quest I would think everybody would be talking. At the same time, I can't judge because I've barely said anything. I guess everybody (besides me because I was too busy thinking over the possibility of Bianca's death, which was higher than I'd liked) was looking at Mr. D because he said, "Well don't look at me. I'm a young god, remember? I don't keep track of all those ancient monsters and dusty titans. They make for terrible party conversation."

Percy and Chiron exchanged a few words but I was distracted because now I was thinking of gods at a party awkwardly trying to make small talk. I was torn away from my thoughts when Silena said, "And the Titan's curse must one withstand, what could that mean?"

"One shall perish by a parent's hand," Grover said, "How's that possible? Whose parent would kill them?"

Almost instantly the table got quiet and Grover realized what he had said and who he had said it to, causing him to mutter a quiet 'oh.'

Now I really wanted to know who my godly parent was and who my other parent was. From the looks everybody was sharing at the table it seemed like the 'god killing their half-blood child' idea wasn't not possible. The majority of the looks were at Percy and Thalia, I didn't know much about the whole child of the big three prophecies or the big three taking an oath thing, Silena had mentioned it once or twice but never really went into detail.

To be honest, I felt quite bad for them, I couldn't have imagined being a child of one of the big three. Basically having a whole group of gods wanting to kill you, plus probably having to be constantly reminded that you weren't meant to be born. For some reason Zoë was taking a few glances towards me, raising her eyebrows. But Bianca and I were looking at each other so I only caught a few of them.

We both had no idea who our parents were, and she was most likely going on the quest, for all we know our mortal parent could be crazy and try to kill us. I just needed a way to find out who our parents were, at least then we'll know the people who could kill us. My thoughts wandered back to the dream, gain strength, prove myself? What do they mean by proving myself and how do I prove myself in the first place?