SEVEN

CHAPTERSEVEN

CHAPTER
SEVEN

NICO AND I MEET A GODDESS!?
[very not edited, i'll fix it up soon <3]

After a good game of mythomagic Nico and I decided to walk around. "This is just, so cool!" Nico exclaimed, a bright smile on his face.

I ruffled his hair, laughing until someone caught my eye. It was a girl, she looked around nine and was tending the fire, poking it with a stick. "Why isn't she wearing a camp shirt? Is she new like us? Or maybe she just doesn't like the shirt?" Nico questioned looking at the mysterious girl as well.

He turned to me. "Let's go say hi!" He exclaimed before I could answer I was dragged away by Nico. Once we got there, which only took a few seconds, the girl looked up at us.

There was something different about her from the other campers. Her eyes, they were like blazing flames yet they made me feel so at home and she wore a brown dress with a scarf over her head. She smiled at us even her smile felt warm and cozy, like home. "Hello," The girl said, her voice was smooth and warm, "I haven't seen you two around here, are you new campers?"

"I'm Maria di Angelo," I introduced before gesturing towards Nico, "And this is my brother Nico di Angelo, we just arrived today."

"Welcome Maria and Nico," The girl said.

"Can we sit with you? It seems pretty lonely tending the fire by yourself?" Nico asked and her smile grew.

She patted the stone beside her, "Of course young demigods," The girl smiled. When we sat down the fire was blazing slightly so we inched away from it slightly, in almost an instant the fire calmed down.

"So what is your name?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Her expression was unfazed when she answered, "I'm Hestia, goddess of hearth."

Nico and I's eyes widened she simply smiled at our expressions. Though Nico's expression went from surprised to confusion, "But shouldn't you be tending the fire in Olympus?"

"I like to meet the new campers, I enjoy whenever a young demigod like yourselves come and speak with me, it's been awhile since someone came" She smiled, facing us. "Can you tell me about yourselves?"

Nico and I nodded, "I love mythomagic! I've been playing it since, since... I can't remember," Nico answered excitedly.

"I'm not as large as a mythomagic fan as Nico but I like the game," I said. "And.. uh"

I never realized how hard it was speaking about myself. Why didn't I know anything? Why can't I remember anything?

"We have a sister, Bianca," I realized it wasn't the best thing to say in front of Nico at the time when his nose crinkled and he crossed his arms. They still weren't on the best terms.