ONE [possibly a preview?]

(rewritten)

[ chapter one ]

[ chapter one ]

' my vice principal kidnaps me? '

LIFE SEEMED QUITE SELCOUTH for Maria Di Angelo, everything was truly odd. Even so, the girl assumed she felt content. Her brother and sister by her side as they just made their way through life, encountering problems that left as quick as they came. Though this problem that she'd unknowingly been born into seemed... permanent.

The classic party lights surrounded the middle school dance, it was loud and crowded. Girls huddled in groups awaiting their next kisses and makeup ambush victim while boys got into their own groups acting like , in Maria's words, 'complete doofuses.' Everything about it seemed to irritate Maria, the annoyed look on her face was uncommon. Something about today in general bothered her but she tried her best to conceal it. Her sister otherwise, was much more obvious. Bianca Di Angelo glanced around, messing with her nails as she did. Her eyes always seemed to land on their vice principal but would quickly look away.

Between the two girls was a much more carefree Nico Di Angelo, flipping through his Mythomagic cards as he happily kicked his legs to the beat of the current song playing.

Maria stared at the empty chip bowl in the far left corner, frowning as she distracted herself from the worry of something bad happening clawing into her brain. "I didn't even get to try one," She complained, 'relaxing' in her seat on the bleachers. Bianca's head shot up, instantly looking where her sister's gaze once was before calming down some. Every noise seemed to make her jump, making her feel extremely defensive.

"Yeah," Bianca murmured softly, picking at her nails.

"Well you still owe me a game," The ebony haired boy mentioned, holding up his cards confidently. That seemed to be another thing about the Di Angelo children, they were all strikingly similar appearance wise.

All of them had a mix of extremely dark brown and ebony hair that had a nice curl to it. Not just that, they all also shared dark colored eyes and also all had a case of Dyslexia and ADHD. Though of course, they had their own unique facial features and skin tones. For example, Nico was slightly paler than his sisters but still had a natural brown hue to it, Maria had barely noticeable brown freckles dotted around her nose that matched a beauty mark on her collarbone, and Bianca had natural blush around her cheeks.

Bianca stared at her siblings with her most disapproving look yet as she said, "The last time you guys played a mythomagic game in public, Nico almost lost all of his cards and you guys almost went to jail for causing a public disturbance." Bianca looked around the room once more as she fiddled with her fingers causing her sister to raise an eyebrow. Maria could tell she wasn't the only one feeling this sense of anxiousness.